Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Floating Lines – Vaal

Jim Teeny Floating/ Indicator line, you'll never look back performance wise, I burn R600 worth of diesel to go fish, then why would I frustrate myself and use an inferiour under performing line ? Drop the R200 liquer you take along, then you can afford a desant line and it may serve you two years.......

my 2c
    There is not a single bad person on earth, only persons that have been badly influenced.

If you would like to be better person, remove the things that have a negative influence on you TODAY.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    R180? Cheap? That's more than the Fairplay costs
    I saw lines R80 this weekend!!
    There's a difference between a "good cheap line".......and k@k! R80 falls in the k@k catagory!

we don't do the 6th sense in the floating line. we opted for the ridge with the same core. in the shops its called the ridge tactical or hi-float.

i typed this 5 hours ago and didn't send it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Jim Teeny Floating/ Indicator line, you'll never look back performance wise, I burn R600 worth of diesel to go fish, then why would I frustrate myself and use an inferiour under performing line ? Drop the R200 liquer you take along, then you can afford a desant line and it may serve you two years.......

my 2c
    Just remember, Jim Teeny is made by Cortland...essentially it's a Cortland line (Same thing).

It's like hooks...50 different makes, but all come out of about three factories in Japan...just different brand names.

If the Fairplay is cheap...GET IT! Nothing wrong on the Vaal when nymphing the rapids. But like I said, when you dry fly, or cast long lines, you need a decent line. So you may as well buy a good line right off the bat.

For me, Sci Anglers floaters are the best...I've tried most lines, but the Sci Angler Trout Taper (WF) and GPX (DT) lines are the bomb. Yes they are over R500 a line, but they will last you many seasons if you look after them.

regards
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    But like I said, when you dry fly, or cast long lines, you need a decent line. So you may as well buy a good line right off the bat.
    Absolutely! I spend the tom where it counts. For stillwaters I have a 444, which I'm pretty happy with. But the Vaal is heavy on lines!
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    Absolutely! I spend the tom where it counts. For stillwaters I have a 444, which I'm pretty happy with. But the Vaal is heavy on lines!
    Agreed...but its better to have one rod, with a good reel and decent line, than two reels (one good line, one so-so line) and having to change setups when you come accross surface feeding fish.

I've lost a line on the Vaal too...but it doesn't happen that often.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Just remember, Jim Teeny is made by Cortland...essentially it's a Cortland line (Same thing).

Mike
    It isn't, Jim Teeny lines are made by cordland, but they are defanatly not cordland lines "Branded" as Jim Teenys.
    There is not a single bad person on earth, only persons that have been badly influenced.

If you would like to be better person, remove the things that have a negative influence on you TODAY.

It isn't, Jim Teeny lines are made by cordland, but they are defanatly not cordland lines "Branded" as Jim Teenys.
    True...but do you think Cortland will make a fly line for a competitor, and make it BETTER than their own lines??? No ways...

Mike

my 2c

What frustration!? You know what will frastrate me?.......a 4kg Yellow taking my brand new JT Floating line around a rock and leave you with a fecked up line. I also have a Cortland Fairplay on my nymphing outfit and I'll rather replace that then a R500 line. Now that leaves you R300 that could be used for fuel and entrance!!!
    IMHO you dont need a line to cast well if you are nymphing, why buy a expensive line if you're not going to use it?

Teeny lines are made in the Cortland factory.

G
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 07-08-08 at 05:48 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast