Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Felt soled boots banned from October

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    I dont know if there is anywhere to get the aqua stealth here. Never thought of that, will have a check tomorrow!

Thanks Liam !
    The company in CT that has aquastealth soles is Rocksole.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Default Rocksole contact details

They are currently out of stock, also wanting to get a pair of freestones converted. They should have more stock in approx two months time.

Rocksole
    Their number is: 021 424 3858

Regards
    Liam
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Earlier this year they said they'd have enough stock to last a year...that was before the season opened...
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

guys
    before you go throwing your felt soles out. please bear the following out.
    1. As far as i know(open to correction) we have rocksnot already as it occurs as in a natural state apparently its a bit like the hycainth we have in the vaal. To date its not a problem as there is a natural biological control.
    2. To all of us who fish in the vaal do not replace your felt soles as aqua stealth does'nt work in the system.you cannot get the same grip with the rubber. several of us have tried, believe me.Ended up in some very unhappy positions.i figured rocky sandals had better grip!!!
    3 the aquasole has been designed for the combination of walking and wading.ie cape and eastern cape streams thus it's going to a blend of both grip on dirt and subsurface rocks but the rubber is not as good as felt nor is it as good as your more durable hiking rubber soles.
    4. i thinks its a good thing for NZ to go that route because of the rocksnot but there is no need for us to do the same. so guys slowly please

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Thanks guys. I will need to find a place in here New Zealand to try and find out if they can put on the aqua stealth soles for me.

Rols, the felt soles have been identified as the biggest cause in the spread of an algea called Didymo. Felt soled boots are banned through out Tasmania, and currently the South Island of New Zealand. This new legislation will make them banned through out the whole of NZ.

Didymo is pretty much the same as the rock snott or old mans beard the guys experience on the vaal and its tributaries.
    Thanks boet.
    So how's it been over there so far? I know you hav'nt been there for very long. Anyway enjoy and best of luck.
    Cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Hi Gary

Does Stealth import/manufacture wading boots with aquastealth soles?

Thanks
    Liam
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Quote Originally Posted by nkula_nkula View Post
    Hi Gary

Does Stealth import/manufacture wading boots with aquastealth soles?

Thanks
    Liam
    I have not seen any.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Says it's a rubber sole...
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

The Deluxe Wading Boot is made from nubuck
    leather and nylon mesh. Light and comfortable
    with extra wide footing. Choice of felt or rubber
    soles with EVA mid-sole. Quick lacing system
    and padded tongue.

Deluxe Wading Boots
    ModelSizesSRP*Deluxe5 - 12 R1125
    Felt sole available in sizes 5-12. Rubber sole only
    available in from sizes 7-12.

Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Yes Stealth have Aquasole boots.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast