Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Cape Trout Syndicate - membership

Default Cape Trout Syndicate - membership

There are 5 membership spots left

Cape Trout Syndicate

CTS will consist of a maximum of 20 members.
    Membership will be capped once the 20 spots are filled.

Membership privileges

Unlimited dawn till dusk fishing in the main Contermanskloof dam for a period of one year from date of joining.

Limited access to other waters on the farm – since these are smaller bodies of water, a booking system will be implemented. This privilege will only be extended to members of CTS, i.e. no day visitors will be allowed access to these dams.

Inclusion in any decision making around stocking. Members will also be informed when said stockings will take place, and exactly how many fish are being stocked.

Membership and fees

Members will be given first option of renewing their membership on an annual basis, failing which; somebody else will be given the opportunity of joining in their place.

Once a membership has expired, the member will lose all privileges and will be reverted back to day visitor status.

While membership is valid, a member is entitled to, on a pro rata basis sell and transfer his membership rights to someone on the waiting list for the remainder of the valid membership term.

Membership fees will be market related and reviewed in accordance on an annual basis. These fees will be used towards future stocking as necessary, general facility improvements and the balance will be used to pay the landowner an annual goodwill fee and provide an income to myself.

Current membership fees are R2000 for the period of one year from date of joining.

Paid up CTS members will be given official membership cards to be worn at all times while fishing.

Membership privileges are extended to immediate family only at no additional charge. Fishing guests will have to pay the daily fee.

Rules (as they come to mind)

Catch and release fishing only, however, any carp and bass must be removed
    Use of barbless hooks only
    Dawn till dusk fishing only – No night time access will be allowed
    No fishing guests, unless they pay the daily rod fee
    No music
    No dogs
    No alcoholic beverages to be visibly displayed while fishing.
    No fires, other than at designated areas
    No wading (to be reviewed)
    Float tubes and small boats are allowed
    Absolutely no littering, however small…this includes stompies!

General

Paying day visitors will be admitted to fish, as is the case at Eikendal and others. I will impose a rod limit once I get a better idea what kind of pressure the dam can handle.

CTS members are encouraged to help police the dam.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    i.e. no day visitors will be allowed access to these dams.
    Paying day visitors will be admitted to fish, as is the case at Eikendal and others. I will impose a rod limit once I get a better idea what kind of pressure the dam can handle.

Chris, you are contradicting yourself here, and that might cause confusion, which is currently the case with me
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Sounds good !

No motorized boats I presume or jetskis.....

No wading ? Nicolas take note , you might need to earn your keep on the Jasper ocean liner....

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post

Chris, you are contradicting yourself here, and that might cause confusion, which is currently the case with me
    I presume these are for the smaller dams on the farm and not the main trout dam.

Will there be an open and closed season?

Quote Originally Posted by croozer
    I presume these are for the smaller dams on the farm and not the main trout dam.
    Limited access to other waters on the farm – since these are smaller bodies of water, a booking system will be implemented. This privilege will only be extended to members of CTS, i.e. no day visitors will be allowed access to these dams.
    Still contradictory imho.
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

good job Chris!! .. my only reservation is the one about "NO WADING" .... what's the reasoning behind this?
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by schmoose View Post
    Will there be an open and closed season?
    I suppose the naturally breeding trout in this stillwater with no inlet would need that yes

Chris, so WHY are you stocking????
    Mario Geldenhuys

No alcoholic beverages to be visibly displayed while fishing.
    Nice idea Chris ie membership.

So u must make ur "kappe" shot of booz while no one is watching?????

G

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    good job Chris!! .. my only reservation is the one about "NO WADING" .... what's the reasoning behind this?
    Being able to wade is vital when water level drops ! just my R0.02

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast