Thread: Feather Squid

Default Feather Squid

HI GUYS,

Found this easy to tie squid pattern and decided to tie one. Can be tied in colours off choice.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

That looks alot like the Fred Steyberg one.
    There is not a single bad person on earth, only persons that have been badly influenced.

If you would like to be better person, remove the things that have a negative influence on you TODAY.

looks good !!!!
    what are you going to target with it and what size hook is it tied on

/d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    That looks alot like the Fred Steyberg one.
    Fred Schneider's pattern.

Quote Originally Posted by damage View Post
    looks good !!!!
    what are you going to target with it and what size hook is it tied on

/d
    Mine is tied on a no:1, but Fred ties them from 1/0 -4/0. Garrik, Skipjack, Bonito, River snapper, Snook and even Sea barbel, but includes any gamefish.

I know of this pattern to also include marabou to give more pulsating action, but then it also makes this fly bulkier.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Fred Schneider's pattern.

Dave
    Ok sorry man, but getting the whole name corect from an article I have read in The Complete Flyfisher over 12 years ago "Stynberg" was slightly off by a degree or so

I rember that they cought almost anything on that Squid - Garfish, Snappers, Kings, Springers you name it................ The one I tried got me bugger all.
    Last edited by Fisher; 31-08-08 at 05:31 PM.
    There is not a single bad person on earth, only persons that have been badly influenced.

If you would like to be better person, remove the things that have a negative influence on you TODAY.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisher View Post
    Ok sorry man, but getting the whole name corect from an article I have read in The Complete Flyfisher over 12 years ago "Stynberg" was slightly off by a degree or so

I rember that they cought almost anything on that Squid - Garfish, Snappers, Kings, Springers you name it................ The one I tried got me bugger all.
    Thats ff, right time , right place. JOIN THE CLUB.