Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Thread: WP Fly Fishing Raffle

Whan SAFFA took over from SARFA they put a budget forward which includethe costs for the juniors and seniors Protea teams. They would recover these cost from the affiliation fees from each angler. At the time, if I am not mistaken, the fees were R850,00. This itself greate a huge fuss. People do not want to pay for other and it is understandable.

It is easy to say that others must pay, but in practise it is much more difficult.
    "Vermoëns is wat mens in staat is om te doen... Motivering, bepaal wat mens doen... Gesindheid bepaal HOE mens dit doen.." ¬ Lou Holtz

Hi Guys,

Just a big thank you for everyone who helped our teams. I don't have the C teams pic., it has been posted under the albums, I think Kevin's or Chris's. Apologies for the bad quality pics. Forum names are in brackets. It was taken at Highland Run, at Doug Starling's cottage.

WP A

Albe Nel (JAG), Ian Lourens (Ian), Andre Blignaut (Andre), Richard Wharton - team manager, Philip Meyer (fish), Grant Kieser (Gkieser)

WP B

Johan Boshoff (Bossi), Philip Luff, Korrie Broos (Korrie), Richard Wharton, Kobus Kriel (Bantam), Matt Taylor (Umhlangarox)

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just a big thank you for everyone who helped our teams. I don't have the C teams pic., it has been posted under the albums, I think Kevin's or Chris's. Apologies for the bad quality pics. Forum names are in brackets. It was taken at Highland Run, at Doug Starling's cottage.

WP A

Albe Nel (JAG), Ian Lourens (Ian), Andre Blignaut (Andre), Richard Wharton - team manager, Philip Meyer (fish), Grant Kieser (Gkieser)

WP B

Johan Boshoff (Bossi), Philip Luff, Korrie Broos (Korrie), Richard Wharton, Kobus Kriel (Bantam), Matt Taylor (Umhlangarox)
    Thank you for the pics. Must say that apart from Korrie you are an ugly bunch

Seriously though, it's great to be able to see the faces behind the names.

Thanks again
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

I hope some of the readers can give me 'more' ideas how to generate money for WPFF to limit the financial strain on our anglers.
    "Vermoëns is wat mens in staat is om te doen... Motivering, bepaal wat mens doen... Gesindheid bepaal HOE mens dit doen.." ¬ Lou Holtz

Ian

Earlier on there was a some discuission about which team had the best shirts. Now said shirts i’m sure are riddled with sponsors logos, unfortunately pictures of the anglers in their attire were sparce which doesent help the sponsors much.

How about you guys organise a flytalk vote on which team had the best shirts, with nice pictures. I’m sure it will please the sponsors no end, and help out when you try and get sponsorship next year.

Good idea...maybe Grant can post a picture of WPFF A & B sport jackets. The thing is anglers from the A team with their own business sponsored it.

And yes, it will be great if we get some return on our investments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    I hope some of the readers can give me 'more' ideas how to generate money for WPFF to limit the financial strain on our anglers.
    The C team should model...
    Attachment 5182
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21