Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: WP Fly Fishing Raffle

Default WP Fly Fishing Raffle

Hi all,

In order to fund our Western Province Teams’ trips to the Nationals competitions in Lydenberg and Parys as well as the Junior team’s trip to KZN, we have organised a raffle with some really super prizes up for grabs, totaling in excess of R40,000.00.

The prizes are kindly sponsored by John at Upstream Fly Fishing, Ark Inflatables, Garmin SA and Scottish Leader Whiskey.

The List of prizes is as follows:
    1) Sage Outfit 1 – value R10,500.00
    • Sage Z-Axis 10ft 6wt Fly rod
    • Sage 3300 Reel
    • Scientific Anglers WF6F fly line
    • Backing

2) Ark Inflatables Fishduck 2 with foam floor – value R7,000.00

3) Garmin Nuvi 710 GPS – Value R6,500.00

4) Frontier Fly Fishing Trout Hunter Pontoon Boat – Value R5,900.00

5) Sage Outfit 2 – value R4,800.00
    • Sage Launch 8ft6in 3wt Fly rod
    • Orvis LA 2 reel
    • Scientific Anglers DT3F fly line
    • Backing

6) All expenses paid trip to the Richtersveld – value R3,500.00

7) Upstream Fly Fishing Hamper – Value R3,000.00
    • Columbia Bonehead Shirt
    • Fishpond Double Haul Chest/Backpack
    • PSE Sun Glasses
    • C&F Compartment Fly Box

8) All Expenses paid 2 day guided trip on the WP Cape streams including flights to and from Cape Town if required – Value R2,500.00

9) Case of Scottish Leader Whiskey – Value R1,600.00

You can see that there are some brilliant prizes there. Only 300 tickets will be sold at R250.00 per ticket. All you have to do is answer the following question: Who are the current National Fly Fishing Champions?

Money can be paid into the WPFF bank account, details of which are:
    Acct Name: Western Province Fly Fishing
    Bank: Standard Bank S.A.
    Branch: 025309
    Acct Nbr: 071850562
    Reference: WP Raffle + your name

Please email Proof of payment to fineart@clocktowergallery.co.za and gkieser@gmail.com

I will list your name below as payments are received.

The draw will be done at our WPFF Colours Awards Ceremony on 08-October-2008 at Kelvin Grove. Any entrants in the raffle are welcome to join us for the event.

Thanks to Pierre and Philip for allowing us to post this raffle on Flytalk. A percentage of all tickets sold on Flytalk will be given to them for the running of this site.

WPFF would also like to thank all those that participate in advance. We appreciate any support that we get from the fly fishing community.

Thanks
    The WPFF Teams.
    Last edited by gkieser; 03-09-08 at 09:20 PM.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Sorry - I just realised that the heading of this thread makes it seem like this is only for people in WP.

Anyone who wants to buy a ticket is welcome, no matter where you are.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Awesome prizes & worthy cause.

Deposit done Grant, and in the words of Dickens:

Sir, may I have the Ark please sir Grant, is the fishduck the one with a transom ?

Ooooh, just saw prize no 6 too, Richtersveld !
    Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery element are made for wise men to contemplate, and for fools to pass by without consideration - Izaak Walton

ok so for those of us who would like to support.... and are not in the know. Who are the current national champs?

Wp manne

G

If you win something and it is small enough I could bring it over. Part-payment for guiding services
    Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery element are made for wise men to contemplate, and for fools to pass by without consideration - Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    Think I will need to know in advance then if you need pics
    Hahaha, first let 's get stuck into some sizeable NZ trooot boet, worry about the photos later

Hi Grant,

I would like to purchase a ticket! Should I win a prize, would the shipping costs be to my own expense, remember I'm in NZ at the moment!

D
    darryl, if you buy 10 tickets, we will deliver the prize to you.
    Even the Richtersveld prize will come in a bottle...

No serous, we will deliver what we can, If you win the Ark for instance, we may have to work around some sort of arrangment where you pay something. The prizes like Sage rods and Garmin, are easy, we will deliver.
    All the prizes are including the delivery to anywhere in SA.

If I buy 10 tickets, do I get to choose my prize?
    Mmmm...difficult one...I tell you what, buy the 10 tickets, and we will inform you of our decision on this.....
    No serious, the prizes are in order, we cant get into stuff like this where it may cause unhappiness amongst the winners. The first ticket drawn gets prize number 1, and so on. If the winners want to swop prizes, that is un to themselves to discuss amongst themselves.
    We are talking big prizes here, that have some value, so we need to be extra carefull of keeping it on the straight and narrow.

So Far we have 6 tickets sold:

1) Eben Fourie (EBF)
    2) Rudolph Mouton (Rendier) x2
    3) Louis Oelofse (LJO)
    4) Kyle Keefer (Kyle-J) x2

Thanks for your support guys!!!
    Last edited by gkieser; 04-09-08 at 05:04 PM.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast