Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mini Bird

Very good bass fly where there are lots of weaver nests etc. Especially when it is a bit windy.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    With such a big bag of artificial nails, I now start to wonder about what you do apart from fly tying in your spare time. We have a spot in the Cape, On Broadway, You could come and headline there with one of the other local, artist.

Didn't u also play with make up and sh1t when u were younger???

G

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    With such a big bag of artificial nails,
    Got them at Clicks for R35 per packet of 10.Bought 2 pakets.It comes with glue and a foul.

Korrie,u shouldn't struggle to find them,it's there by the make up section.

G

Quote Originally Posted by gerrit View Post
    Thanks Chris

Sorry I don't follow,lips as in poenanie or a different beak?Please advise.

G
    No man, not the poenanie you silly @rse! I' talking about the yellow 'lips' that baby birds have in the scissor junction on either side of their beaks. These act as visual indicators in a dark nest for the mom to guide the food home.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Gerrit, while I suspect that any self-respecting upper-stream rainbow will flee like hell when this thing lands on the water, I must say it's brilliant!!!

As for poenaanie - you need some!!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    No man, not the poenanie you silly @rse! I' talking about the yellow 'lips' that baby birds have in the scissor junction on either side of their beaks. These act as visual indicators in a dark nest for the mom to guide the food home.
    Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Gerrit, while I suspect that any self-respecting upper-stream rainbow will flee like hell when this thing lands on the water, I must say it's brilliant!!!

As for poenaanie - you need some!!!
    Hi guys,

Look at the pics,I created from there changing a few things.

Also note the pooper.

G

Interesting... dip this in some egg white and add a bass rod...

Seriously, I think this might be a barbel killer. If you have spare time, tie me up one and send it this way, later in the season as the barbel become more aggressive I'll definitely give this a go!

Have you had any success with this fly yet, or haven't had a chanse to test it?

The barbel were everywhere today, spawing in the shallows in the old mans beard, and in the deeper water they were very, very active all day long. Wish I had a proper barbel fly, but allas!

See if you can make it to the ware over the week-end and take it along, you are bound to see some barbel activity.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWorld View Post
    Have you had any success with this fly yet, or haven't had a chanse to test it?

The barbel were everywhere today, spawing in the shallows in the old mans beard, and in the deeper water they were very, very active all day long. Wish I had a proper barbel fly, but allas!

See if you can make it to the ware over the week-end and take it along, you are bound to see some barbel activity.

More more,

I've caught fish on a previous version of the fly,not this one.Have been out once this new season but didn't use it.

I'll try it soon,waiting for my boat.

G

Dude, what an awesome pattern. I think it rocks!
    One could fish it for anything really, Largies , barbel , bass , trout. Very cool.

G

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2