Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Witbank yellows?

Disagree on the large and smallscales being a fluke - its the oliphants and even as high up the river as staderton/hendrina you can get smallscales and largescales. I have mates that belong to various artlure clubs in the witbank area and the record smallscale from witbank dam is over 2kg's if I remember correctly.

The area below the wall is far from a stream-x type scenario, but just remember its in the game reserve and you'll need to be "stealthy"... Probably a really good time to go there as the water's hardly flowing at the moment.
    Check your knots!

Hey David

Howzit Boet, sent you a pm. Have a look and let me know your thoughts?

Cheers

Koos

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    just remember its in the game reserve ...
    Was a game reserve. It pretty much abandoned these days
    You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Pheasant Tail Nymph Banned User

Hey guys,

Let us know if you succeed in any way. It's always nice to hear good fishing stories from your own area.

Kind regards,
    PTN

I also know of a few spots below the dam wal. Predominantly no bank access so one would have to tube to fish, that puts me off it bigtime.

The reaches ABOVE the dam below the powerstation ... my oh my oh my oh my.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Hi guys, pulled out this thread doing some research on the olifants. Wanted to know if any of you guys have fished the area (river and dam) lately and you thoughts on the yellow fishing? I am working at Duvha power station for the next 5 weeks or so and was keen to do some fishing in the area...So if you guys have any tips whatsoever please let me know, I'd appreciate it...I have noticed that stretch below the wall, and I'm really keen to give it a go this weekend!

Thanks
    Jimbo
    "When you on the river, ocean or in the woods, you are the closest to the truth you'll ever get." - Jack Leonard

Howzit Jimbo, I've also driven past that stretch a few times and wondered how one would get access to fish there? But Graham mentioned that the reserve is pretty much abandoned ?? so hope you come right and please let us know if you do get access , only 70k's from me so really want to give it a go one of these days

Fish a large black wooly bugger slow and deep! Then you will definately catch some heavy metal poisoning...

Default witbank yellows

I travel up to Witbank for work once or twice a week. Would love to catch a few yellows for a few hours in the river below the dam before work.

Anyone got some ideas on how to get to the water apart from N4 bridge?

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    From below the dam wall, to the run under the highway. Great tillapia to be caught to!
    i heard reports that the okes were catching BLUEGILL at that spot. Maybe they confused them with tilapia or the other way round. I am very keen to confirm this , so please let me know what specie it actually is. If its gillies , i'm there in a flash , to hell with the yellows

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast