Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zip Lock Trout Omelets.

I've done something similar. We steamed the eggs and stuff in our coffie mugs.....but thats a good idea Dave! This idea will go like an felt fire, check everybody chowing Zippy Eggs from now on!?

Sounds like an awesome idea for a morning on the Cape streams.Can't beat wild trout for flavour.
    Andrew Wright

Hey CJ, CAN YOU PICTURE 100 PLUS FORUMERS at a convention eating zip lock eggs, !!!!SIES!! The air pollution.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Default Trout Omelets - Nic your skill required.

Sounds like a great idea that may have come from the book of creative cooking - Surviving the Cut Line published SADF. As this site supports C and R I take it that trout that went to the stream for this delicate meal came from Woolies.

Nicholas reading in can you maybe do a sequenced deboning photographic demo of a trout [ala like the ones on rod builing or fly tying] so that we can also join Dave in this gastronomical delight.. Seriously on the odd occassion I need to kill a trout that has taken a hook very badly. I tried to debone one on Saturday that ended up will gill damage and it was so wasteful I felt guilty. I would appreaciate learning the skill.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Hey CJ, CAN YOU PICTURE 100 PLUS FORUMERS at a convention eating zip lock eggs, !!!!SIES!! The air pollution.

Dave
    Whaaa.....there so much poefie in the Vaal allready, I dont think the zippy eggs will make any difference!

Quote Originally Posted by Peterva View Post
    Nicholas reading in can you maybe do a sequenced deboning photographic demo of a trout [ala like the ones on rod builing or fly tying] so that we can also join Dave in this gastronomical delight.. Seriously on the odd occassion I need to kill a trout that has taken a hook very badly. I tried to debone one on Saturday that ended up will gill damage and it was so wasteful I felt guilty. I would appreaciate learning the skill.
    I would also like to see that please.

Quote Originally Posted by FishWhisperer View Post
    These bring back some awesome memories!!
    Memories like this

No trout in these puppies!

The fish was released... Don't eat trout from WC streams, they too beautiful!
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Something like that yeah...
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Quote Originally Posted by nkula_nkula View Post
    Memories like this

No trout in these puppies!

The fish was released... Don't eat trout from WC streams, they too beautiful!
    That brown looks good.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

I once ate both wild Bows and Browns from the Spekboom ... tasted far better than any other Troot I have ever eaten.

C&R is one thing, but a lot of cultures founded on the hunter gatherer principle believe you honour your quarry by consuming it's flesh. Effectively becoming it's brother (albeit a cannibalistic one)
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast