Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Poxy Buzzers For Yellows?????

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    a rektum Orange?
    Wil jy hulle in die pooper of in die mond haak?

Nice ones Koos, why should they not work?
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Very nice Koos, I really like the black one on the left, going to work for sure.
    Like CJ and Jocko suggested, I used to add a white bit of fluff (think I used wool) to the head to represent breathers. Well done.

Rob

Nice flies, no reason they wont work. Try this....put a 2.5mm tungsten bead(any colour) onto a size 12to 16 caddis pupa hook ( the gold hannak works best for this) superglue the hook in place so it doesn't run up and down the hook shank. No dressing, nothing...simply a hook with a bead. Use it as a point fly, or as a suspender buzzer in slower water.
    Heh heh heh. try it.
    Another great variation of this "fly" is to colour the hook with nail polish and give it a coat of Sally hansens.

For a control fly, use a size 8 hook, tungsten bead to suit the different weights you want, two beads if you like (or more) lead wrap from behind the bead to the hook bend. Cover the lead wrap with nail polish. you get red , green, blue, anything. After the nail polish, apply Sally hansens, or thin layer of epoxy.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Nice flies, no reason they wont work. Try this....put a 2.5mm tungsten bead(any colour) onto a size 12to 16 caddis pupa hook ( the gold hannak works best for this) superglue the hook in place so it doesn't run up and down the hook shank. No dressing, nothing...simply a hook with a bead. Use it as a point fly, or as a suspender buzzer in slower water.
    Heh heh heh. try it.
    Another great variation of this "fly" is to colour the hook with nail polish and give it a coat of Sally hansens.

For a control fly, use a size 8 hook, tungsten bead to suit the different weights you want, two beads if you like (or more) lead wrap from behind the bead to the hook bend. Cover the lead wrap with nail polish. you get red , green, blue, anything. After the nail polish, apply Sally hansens, or thin layer of epoxy.
    I'm almost ashamed to admit this in public ( mates know I do it lol) but I've been doing that for the last season or two and it works a treat - especially an orange tungsten bead, with the lead painted black or really dark purple. Definitely not comp legal
    Check your knots!

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    Heh heh heh. try it.

shock shock horror
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by jock0 View Post
    I'm almost ashamed to admit this in public ( mates know I do it lol) but I've been doing that for the last season or two and it works a treat - especially an orange tungsten bead, with the lead painted black or really dark purple. Definitely not comp legal
    Can you still call that fly fishing!?

Quote Originally Posted by C J View Post
    Can you still call that fly fishing!?
    No of course not. It's highly un proffessional, and is definatly not competition regulation...but it works. If you give it a basic peacock herl collar, the picture seems a little different...it becomes a fly.
    It is a great way to get kids and newbies into fish quickly. They don't have to contend with sink rates or anything. They go straight to the bottom, and directly into the zone....its like magic. I wouldnt advocate it as highly ethical technique, and dont use it at all anymore, but the truth is, it works and does not cause any undue harm to the fish that a legitimate fly would do anyway, so therefore i am ok with it in certain instances, but certainly not as a general technique.

I looked at what you guys suggested and went back to the vise.

This is Take Two:

Sorry for the poor quality pic.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by E.T. View Post
    I looked at what you guys suggested and went back to the vise.

This is Take Two:

Sorry for the poor quality pic.

Any suggestions?

That's it! Very nice.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast