Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Before posting please read forum rules

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for these rules, I am all for it! I just have a few questions to clear up my own confusion:

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    * You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.
    does this mean I cannot ask the following question:

"Hi Guys,

Does anyone know a good online store where i can get XXX tippet?"

Also,

A recent thread i posted comes to mind, where I asked Pieter Kriel if he had heard anyhing about Vision Flyfishing equipment discontinuing one of their Rod Models.

As he is the agent for this brand in South Africa, he would be the best person to know, and since tackle news is very much an interest of most people on the forum, i chose to open a public thread for this rather than an email or pm.

Is this still a legitimate type of post or should we not be asking these types of questions because there are Agents for those products on the forum?

Thanks
    Grant.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Hi Grant

Such a question is most welcome. What affiliate links means is that someone signs up with a website that sells a product or service. the site provides them a link that they place on another website. This link will track if this came from them and credit their affiliate account. Since they have a commercial interest in it they should follow the advertising rules and pay like the rest of the advertisers. Hope that clears it up for you.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Hi Pierre,

Thanks for these rules, I am all for it! I just have a few questions to clear up my own confusion:

does this mean I cannot ask the following question:

"Hi Guys,

Does anyone know a good online store where i can get XXX tippet?"

Also,

A recent thread i posted comes to mind, where I asked Pieter Kriel if he had heard anyhing about Vision Flyfishing equipment discontinuing one of their Rod Models.

As he is the agent for this brand in South Africa, he would be the best person to know, and since tackle news is very much an interest of most people on the forum, i chose to open a public thread for this rather than an email or pm.

Is this still a legitimate type of post or should we not be asking these types of questions because there are Agents for those products on the forum?

Thanks
    Grant.

Default More to clear up.....?

Hi Pierre,

Thanks for setting this up - and "scrubbing" 2 of my posts from yesterday

In terms of the "advertising" ban - would that include writing a report where I was guided on waters that I would not normally have access to, and then extolling the virtues of the (excellent) service that I received (say with a link back to the service and pictures?)...I mean, it isn't my business after all, just letting the forum know what good (or bad) is available out there...

Cheers,

Jan.

Hi Jan

Hope all is well and welcome to the site nice to have you here. If a member wants to let other guys know of the good service etc they received, i am all for that as long as you dont have any commercial interest in it and the reason of the post is simply to share with fellow members and not to punt someone else's business. I know this leaves room to exploit but i really do trust that the member will take into account that it costs money to run this forum, not in the hundreds but thousands every month and if they are benefiting commercially from the post to let some of that come back to the site. But i think it becomes pretty obvious when this is exploited and such posts will be removed. I hope that answers your questions

Regards

Pierre

Quote Originally Posted by JanK View Post
    Hi Pierre,

Thanks for setting this up - and "scrubbing" 2 of my posts from yesterday

In terms of the "advertising" ban - would that include writing a report where I was guided on waters that I would not normally have access to, and then extolling the virtues of the (excellent) service that I received (say with a link back to the service and pictures?)...I mean, it isn't my business after all, just letting the forum know what good (or bad) is available out there...

Cheers,

Jan.

Default Self moderation

HI Guys,

A lot of us have gotten into post conflicts that often get out of hand and until recently I have been one. But when one's temper settles, one feels terrible that things went wrong and would like to make amends. I for one have found this and although things have been said, it is possible to self moderate. Just delete offensive posts and request anyone that has replied quoting your post to do the same. I have self moderated in this way a couple of times and have had no problem with other forumers in working with me to set things right.

If you find yourself in this situation just self moderate.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

You mean I can't post this?

Hi my name is John Rex Papenfuss and I am the best guide in South Africa. I recently stumbled upon your website and think this is a great place to advertise my services Rex hunting and fishing academy.

Unlike other guides such as Hermans Hermits and Interpol flyguides I actually get you into fish and will take photographs of your fish that you can buy from me at R60-00 a photo. The photos are of great quality and are printed by Go to Photo in Hatfield (Tel: 999 0897 654) who also does wedding photographs and family portraits. As a matter of fact if you visit them before 3 December they will give you a free photo album as well.

My 6 weight Exstealther I reckon is the best rod on the market for catching Yellowfish. I was promised by Johhnies fish and tackle that if you print this posting and bring it to the shop (Corner of Kotze & Watson street) they will give you a further 15% off.

I specialize in Large Mouth yellowfish during the early summer months when you are guaranteed to hook into some fish as they seem to congregate in big numbers in very shallow water making them easier to catch. I highly recommend that you do not debarb your flies as I am also an expert in first aid training and can give you onsite training as to how to remove a fly from the inner thigh. For more advanced training you can contact my brother Darryl who runs first aid classes which are all SETA accredited meaning you can claim the money back from government (Darryl 098 998 98007).

I have started a website for flyfisherman (www.viskoekies.com) with the biggest aim to have an online gallery showing people that Yellowfish does taste lekker and is not all that boney.

Oh and before I forget, never ever use survivor fly-fishing guides as the manager, Abel is a poephol and the Kristan Scott Thomas brand fly rods they use are all useless with no after sales service. If you don’t believe me come have a look on Saturday at our annual 14 species competion kindly hosted by Rustenburg Gearbox Services where I will show you the latest rods on sale at stall 14 next to the Mc Steers stand.
    Whenever you find that you are on the side of the majority, it is time to reform

hahahahah classic !!!!!

ahh man! The 14 species competion - I love that day. That is where they sell photocopied versions of the Favoured flies for R10-00 bucks and the Merge DVD-R for twenty raant.

And where you can log in pretending to be a 'newbie' and steal all the regulars' fishing tips for your provincial/international flyfishing team..

If it ever REALLY came to that, I'd take up pole-dancing at Saloon 2000...

(PM's only please, interested parties..)
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Good stuff Pierre. The site is getting better by the day. Keep up the good work boet. We all appreciate it.
    That’s the difference between me and the rest of the world! Happiness isn’t good enough for me! I demand euphoria! (Calvin and Hobbes)

http://pipersystem.com

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast