Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Sea-Ducer

Default Hackle

I use Whiting American Hackle Bronze - what is nice about this hackle it has a lot of fluff and you can get lengths of 16cm + for the tail

Grant, please add this to the SBS thread. Dankie ou maat.
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Default Sea -ducer

A fairly recent pattern created by Chico Fernandez of Miami, Florida. Like most sea lures, it comes in a wide variety of colour permutations. It is used for such fish as sailfish,amberjack, redfish, tarpon and dolphin.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

The Semper is a great fly. I hooked 3 consecutive Giant Kingfish on them in Mapotoland, (1) Olive (2) Chartuse (3) Black
    There is not a single bad person on earth, only persons that have been badly influenced.

If you would like to be better person, remove the things that have a negative influence on you TODAY.

The sea - ducer is a tried and tested fly , looks similar to but in reality you can't compare it to the semper as the the semper ( AS Juan knows ) tail has to be tied in a particular fashion which gives it much more movement than a deceiver. Also Juan's description of the body makes for a big difference to tying a deceiver. Which is why Juan has such success with that fly. It was designed by Bob Popovicks and shown in his book Popfleyes. Hey Juan, how's the leeries lately, I am going to spend some time this winter targetting garrick with our sempers ( maye some profiles ) up this way. Lets see how it goes !

Quote Originally Posted by Methos View Post
    In Bill Hansford-Steele's book, African Flyfishing Handbook, he recomends the sea-ducer as a usefull fly for cob.

Cheers
    I tied up a few of these last night and tested them in the pool.............i can see why kob will find them attractive.i tied in dumbell eyes and the fly has an awesome action.i reckon on a slow slip along the bottom they will kill...........
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Yip ... I tied one in chinchilla for use in the EC to imitate a mullet, no luck that trip but then again, I found no Kabeljou at all.

One thing I can offer, the stiffer/more packed/bulkier the front hackles, the better the swimming action of the tail hackles.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.