Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Xmas Flyswop with a Twist

FlyFanatic Banned User

JanK, how bout posting a few of those tips and trix and continue helping!!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyFanatic View Post
    Damn, just knew that was going to happen....

Will do, will do....

Quote Originally Posted by JanK View Post
    Heya Mario,

I must be getting old, took me a while to get my head around the post - I was under the impression you wanted my fly box as well...

I will cough up 5 x #14 (scud hook) black CDC beadhead (tung / brass / glass)nymphs.

I would like to nominate Darryl Lampert - never met the man, but I got some good help (off-Flytalk) from him recently.

A (very) close second would have to be Mike Newby (also never met) - I was cleaning out my FF folder on my PC recently and I see that I have squirrelled away enough "Tips & Trix" from the man to write a small book....many from the days of the "Fishy Pete's" forum!

May all your Xmas stockings smell fishy...

Salute.

Jan.
    Thanks Jan

I remember you from the old SaFly Mailing list - thanks for the flies, much appreciated!!
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by FlyFanatic View Post
    Jaco, how about contributing 3 or 5 flies??
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Xmas Give-away Swap so far:

Smallstreams.co.za:
    FlyBox
    5 x Halo CDL Mayfly (Parachute)

MaXiMuM:
    Couple of assorted flies

Fisher:
    5 x #16 Ants
    5 x # 16 Adams

Jock0:
    5 x #14 sweeties (mayfly imitations)
    5 x misc #6/8/10 caddis style control flies

MarkDej:
    Some DDDs
    Assorted Nymphs
    Dodgy little turtle shell box

JanK:
    5 x #14 (scud hook) black CDC beadhead (tung / brass / glass)nymphs.

Thanks for the great response so far gentleman - I'm sure the recipient will be really grateful to get such a Xmas gift! I take my hat off to you all!
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Thanks for the great response so far gentleman - I'm sure the recipient will be really grateful to get such a Xmas gift! I take my hat off to you all!
    Eish, it is LOOKING GOOD - might have to resort to some beggin' & grovellin' and ask for the Xmas pressie for meself (and that way I get my tung beads back )

Let us know the when and where Mario...

Eish, it is LOOKING GOOD - might have to resort to some beggin' & grovellin' and ask for the Xmas pressie for meself (and that way I get my tung beads back )
    Hmmm, if you nominate yourself as the lucky recipient, and other people agree ....

Let us know the when and where Mario...
    I don't really have a set number in mind, but I want to make this a good gift, with quite a lot of flies (or as many as possible). The Explorer box can take 300 flies ... hint hint, nudge nudge ....

I'm surprised at the lack of people offering, seeing the number of tyers we have on the forum. But, given that it's a Sunday, and holiday, I'm not gonna get my panties in a twist at the lack of giving .... yet

Once again to those that gave/committed - MUCH LOVE!
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    ... but I want to make this a good gift, with quite a lot of flies (or as many as possible). The Explorer box can take 300 flies ... hint hint, nudge nudge ....
    Gosh, might just have to put myself up for it...jokes...c'mon guys, 300 flies - some lucky sod (or soddette...let's keep it PC then shall we!) is gonna get enough flies for a couple of seasons across the waters of SA (and thanking Father Xmas across all those seasons too...)

... some lucky sod (or soddette...let's keep it PC then shall we!) is gonna get enough flies for a couple of seasons across the waters of SA (and thanking Father Xmas across all those seasons too...)
    The gift that will TRULY keep on giving ...
    Mario Geldenhuys

I'm in for a "liquorice allsorts", 10 flies from buggers, to nymphs, to caddis pupae, to klinkies.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast