Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Xmas Flyswop with a Twist

Default Xmas Flyswop with a Twist

Hey guys

Woke up this morning with the following idea. How about a swop with a bit of a twist ... Seeing that it's the season for giving, how about we fill a box with whatever freshwater pattern you want to tie, and send it off to a worthy forum member?

I will "donate" an Explorer fly box (as below), and add my 3- 5 flies (suggested number - any number of flies welcome). If anyone is willing to participate in this, please add your name, as well as which pattern you will tie, and also nominate a worthy forum member's name.

Seeing that it is quite short notice, let's make the cut-off date later than Xmas, and make the postage date in the middle of January 2009?? Let's say 20 Jan 2009. That way I can get the flies away to the recipient before 31 Jan 2009.

What do you guys think?? Worth it? If it is, I'll add my postal address to make the "swop" final.

Suggestions welcome.

Last edited by smallstreams.co.za; 14-12-08 at 07:29 AM.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

PARTICIPANTS:

Tyer: Mario Geldenhuys
    Fly: Halo CDL Mayfly (Parachute)
    Number: 5
    Worthy Member: PTN
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by dizzy View Post
    I think its a great idea Mario! Unfortunately, I'm already tying for the Feb swap, so will have to sit this one out.
    Thanks D, completely understand. I hope we can get a few people to join in though ...
    Mario Geldenhuys

I got some pre-tied flies I will add to the pile, you decide on the recipiant.
    Mike McKeown

You're either fishing or waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by MaXiMuM View Post
    I got some pre-tied flies I will add to the pile, you decide on the recipiant.
    Great stuff Mike - this is good. If anyone wants to add any flies, bought, tied, whatever, it wil be great!!
    Mario Geldenhuys

I will throw in 5 x #16 ants + 5 x # 16 Adams, But please remind me later that I said so, I am an expert when it comes to forgeting stuff.
    Last edited by Fisher; 14-12-08 at 12:30 PM.
    There is not a single bad person on earth, only persons that have been badly influenced.

If you would like to be better person, remove the things that have a negative influence on you TODAY.

FlyFanatic Banned User

excellent idea!! but im also tying for Feb fly swap, and my fly tying skills not yet on such a level to produce flies at that rate!!

Great Idea!

Just this morning I was repacking some fly boxes and found a whole bunch of flies that are going to be relegated to the "friends and family" box

I'll gladly send you 5 #14 sweeties (mayfly imitations) and 5 misc #6/8/10 caddis style control flies.

There are loads of worthy recipients but I nominate Andrew Buch simply because I've met him.
    Check your knots!

Im in.

I can whip up some ddd's and pop in a few assorted nymphs. (nymphs bought.)

Im not sure who would have the most use for em?

Pm me if you feel in need or know of someone.
    I also have a dodgy little turtle shell box to add (12 compartments)

Mark
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

Heya Mario,

I must be getting old, took me a while to get my head around the post - I was under the impression you wanted my fly box as well...

I will cough up 5 x #14 (scud hook) black CDC beadhead (tung / brass / glass)nymphs.

I would like to nominate Darryl Lampert - never met the man, but I got some good help (off-Flytalk) from him recently.

A (very) close second would have to be Mike Newby (also never met) - I was cleaning out my FF folder on my PC recently and I see that I have squirrelled away enough "Tips & Trix" from the man to write a small book....many from the days of the "Fishy Pete's" forum!

May all your Xmas stockings smell fishy...

Salute.

Jan.

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast