Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Flytalk Rock 'n Surfers

Here I am, 2.16am and counting the hours until 4 am to go klap the kob at Bontkop. The tide is perfect for it this morning. This rock & surf thing can be very thrilling and exciting, make no error.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Go for it, Chris! I often used to fish for mulloway (Aussie kob) at night in the Victorian estuaries when I lived in Oz - great fun with the chance of some monsters!
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Spoke to Chris and we keen for an early sat morning cast or two. anyone interested is welcome to join... time to slide out some big baits for bronzies! I hear Mr Shelton caught a decent kob this morning too...
    " Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian." -Dennis Wholey

Booger Rose Banned User

Where you planning to make a cast?

What a lovely spell of fishing we're having. Numerous kob have come to hand with the odd toothy surprise in between. Mr Cox had his 220lb steel trace bitten clean through yesterday morning after dangling an Elf head out there for a short while. We've been catching a number of cow shark at the same spot. A few decent Elf have also come out, which apart from Langebaan is rather rare along the West coast, but then again the water has been unusually warm, peaking at 18 degress C at times.

The company has been great, particularly during the all-nighters, with lots of funny incidents along the way. On Friday night there were 7 of us,.... what a fishy jol
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    What a lovely spell of fishing we're having. Numerous kob have come to hand with the odd toothy surprise in between. Mr Cox had his 220lb steel trace bitten clean through yesterday morning after dangling an Elf head out there for a short while. We've been catching a number of cow shark at the same spot. A few decent Elf have also come out, which apart from Langebaan is rather rare along the West coast, but then again the water has been unusually warm, peaking at 18 degress C at times.

The company has been great, particularly during the all-nighters, with lots of funny incidents along the way. On Friday night there were 7 of us,.... what a fishy jol
    Great stuff Chris.
    When is the next one Chris?Would like to join you guys for a bit of a chuck.
    Andrew Wright

Quote Originally Posted by turando101 View Post
    Fisher, Macassar area it is apparently normal to fish with a 9mm at your side.
    There has been a bunch or reports of guys getting mugged and their cars broken into when fishing , especially at night!
    What the R&S guys are doing is organising groups to go out to share the experience but also for safety ...as mentioned above some are even hiring security gaurds! now try that on one of the streams where all the daytrippers bugger up people's beats
    a bunch of WOESES!! ..... we fish Macassar/Nonkwabisi regularly - the big advantage there is that it is not on a major access road, AND that there are usually a lot of fisherment there!! ... In other words .. our gang is bigger than theirs!!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    Great stuff Chris.
    When is the next one Chris?Would like to join you guys for a bit of a chuck.
    How about tonight?

Seriously though, after seeing how flat the water was as sunset I have just decided to do an impromptu all-nighter on my own. If any of the regulars feel like joining me, you know where I'll be

What's happening? I can't be the only oke hitting the surf at the moment?

Conditions are changing but I find that by varying the time that I fish in accordance with the tide and also choosing the exact spot to cast towards at the given time is still producing the results. I have had two weeks from heaven! Ok, I haven't slept much, but that's the least of my worries. Even a 6 km push of my bike which let me down horribly this morning hasn't dampened my spirits. I'll be back at sparrows again tomorrow morning
    Last edited by Chris Shelton; 07-01-09 at 05:51 PM.

Arthur, how are you looking for Friday night? We can maybe organize something if you are bok

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast