Thread: Flytalk Rock 'n Surfers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Flytalk Rock 'n Surfers

I was paid a pleasant surprise visit by a well known fellow Cape fly fisherman and Flytalker this morning and well, since not too much is going on fly fishing wise in the Cape at the moment (with me anyway), we got chatting about rock & surf angling instead. It wasn't long before we were tearing line off reels and 'false' casting my 14 footers on the lawn and all the more I could see his enthusiasm growing. Anyway, I'm happy to announce that I have successfully recruited another potentual Macassor all-nighter! I have just received the call, this afternoon he treated himself to an early Christmas present and is now fully geared with rod, reel, hook, line and sinkers! Apparently another popular flytalker has got wind of this folly and is already making plans to join in. Watch this space as our little group continues to grow. I'm so excited!
    Last edited by Chris Shelton; 21-12-08 at 02:14 AM.
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Chris - There is a thread on Sealine in the Saltwater section with a group of guys who are organising regular R&S All nighters along the False Bay coast, with a good number of guys, and even getting security guards etc... unfortunate to have to think about things like that in this day and age, but its a reality you don't want to look over or ignore....

Some good fish coming off the beaches recently... alot of good Kob, and heard tell of a 14 Kilo Steenbras that came in between a good number of 10 to 16 kilo Kobbies....

Of course the Bronzies are getting pretty thick too so keep that in mind...
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    I was paid a pleasant surprise visit by a well known fellow Cape fly fisherman and Flytalker this morning and well, since not too much is going on fly fishing wise in the Cape at the moment (with me anyway), we got chatting about rock & surf angling instead. It wasn't long before we were tearing line off reels and 'false' casting my 14 footers on the lawn and all the more I could see his enthusiasm growing. Anyway, I'm happy to announce that I have successfully recruited another potentual Macassor all-nighter! I have just received the call, this afternoon he treated himself to an early Christmas present and is now fully geared with rod, reel, hook, line and sinkers! Apparently another popular flytalker has got wind of this folly and is already making plans to join in. Watch this space our little group continues to grow. I'm so excited!
    Turncoat The f/f purists will have you banned along with me.

Oh Sh!t another one liner, I'm now fast approaching death on the forum.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

At last a thread I can read without resorting to my telescope!
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    At last a thread I can read without resorting to my telescope!
    Another one liner, EEEiisshh , we are all doomed to banishment.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Said Flytalker was over at my place this afternoon showing off the new toys!

I think I will have to learn how to cast one of those things again.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Booger Rose Banned User

So, you guys joining me and Jasper at 04:00 at the normal spot Saturday morning?

I'm also fishing with the sealine okes, nice to know your car is safe and there is enough guys on the beach - safety in numbers. Macassar now in holidays and especially over weekends see a lot of anglers and that keeps it safe as well. Police patrol regularly.

Did you use floating or sinking line on the 14 footers Chris? What line weight? 8 ounces?

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    Said Flytalker was over at my place this afternoon showing off the new toys!

I think I will have to learn how to cast one of those things again.
    You are more than welcome to join us Grant. I have a spare rod and reel that you are more than welcome to use as a introduction. Will be really great to have you with us!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper