Thread: So this is what happens at Macassar?

Default So this is what happens at Macassar?

Bags of human ashes on beach
    09/02/2009 11:05 - (SA)

Cape Town - Municipal workers found 23 plastic bags filled with human ashes at Macassar beach in False Bay at the weekend, Western Cape police said on Monday.

Superintendent Billy Jones said municipal workers found the bags on the beach on Saturday.

"They were just lying there. The bags weren't there the previous day so someone must have dumped them there overnight."

He said the forensic experts called to the scene confirmed that the bags contained human ashes.

"We have opened an inquiry to investigate how the bags ended up there," said Jones.

- SAPA

Booger Rose Banned User

I saw this in the paper today. I fish Macassar maybe twice every week but could not make it on Sarturday morning - luckily! Were there on Sunday morning and went back the afternoon - lots of fun and families taking a break on the beach. While I was fishingh the afternoon I saw maybe 4 or 5 police bakkies driving past on the beach - now I know why. I thought they were just doing crime prevention!

Quote Originally Posted by Booger Rose View Post
    I saw this in the paper today. I fish Macassar maybe twice every week but could not make it on Sarturday morning - luckily! Were there on Sunday morning and went back the afternoon - lots of fun and families taking a break on the beach. While I was fishingh the afternoon I saw maybe 4 or 5 police bakkies driving past on the beach - now I know why. I thought they were just doing crime prevention!
    What next......Somedays you stand with your hand over your mouth and all you can do is shake your head.....I think this is one of those moments
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

I wonder which " Funeral Parlour " was paid by the State to cremate and dispose of non claimed deceased bodies.
    The corruption and fraud does not end, even if you are dead.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Lucky the bags of ashes were not found somewhere near Isipingo (South Coast Natal) otherwise you guys might be cleaning up curry powder.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogtooth View Post
    Lucky the bags of ashes were not found somewhere near Isipingo (South Coast Natal) otherwise you guys might be cleaning up curry powder.
    Naaah, you have been away too long. At Isipingo Beach it would have been the remnants of undersize Shad. Karanteen, and maybe a Moonie of 4" or so.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Sorry to hear that....

That's no good mate!

And here we are complaining about catching bloody species less desirable than what we are after. Go figure....

One would've thought that the funeral parlour would be a bit more discreet, going to be some unhappy people after this. Or, sadly, not.

Having just spoken to a few of the guys, we have decided to do a little impromptu sortie to Monwabisi and will be leaving shortly. Eduard will be picking up some of the left over 'bait' that was mentioned earlier on in this thread at Macassor on his way through from Somerset West.

So, you needn't want to give an arm and a leg to join us, just pull in! There will be more than enough to go around.

The more the merrier!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

What an awesome morning fishing! The switch in wind direction overnight from SE to NW did the trick and brought the Elf at first light. Unfortunately we had to pack up to get home to disgruntled swambos just as the action was really getting into full swing! Damn, if only we'd known, we would have skipped the night thing and arrived at first light rather to fish the whole incoming tide rather.

But nothing lost. We went away a bit wiser knowing that these are the conditions to look out for in future!
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper