Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Cape Town Flyfishing

Quote Originally Posted by rohann View Post
    You can also consider going to Rosendal dam. There is carp and bass as well as bluegill. I have had good success in the past for bass on conventional tackle there and have hooked a few carp on fly.

PS: Do you have any idea why one cannot fish the Durbanville dams anymore (magic forest, etc.)?
    Where is Rosendal Dam? As for the Durbanville dams I think it's only Sonstraal dam we not allowed to fish yet, due to the "friends of the duck"
    Some men go to church on Sundays thinking about fishing, others go fishing thinking about G0d.

hmm, the dreaded ducklovers...

I have noticed that at Van Riebeeckshof and Magic Forest dams new boards have been put up with "no fishing" signs on them???

As for Rosendal dam: if travelling on Old Oak road away from Tyger Valley, turn left where Mountain View drive crosses Old Oak. Take the second street on your lefthand side. Drive up to the T. Turn right and left straight after. The dam is just beyond the "hill". You can park on the parking in front of the complex on your right. (Access can also be gained through the entrance to Rosendal just pust Krige's Pub. It is a bit of a maze though)

Cool Rohann, will give it a go some time if I find it, I take it you are allowed to fish there, and "friends of the duck" have not yet invaded that area.
    Some men go to church on Sundays thinking about fishing, others go fishing thinking about G0d.

You are allowed to fish there, yes. Best to leave the geese alone though. The woman living in the house with the green roof (near the outlet structure) is very protective of them. Other than that I have heard of no other complaints/warnings from anglers. Good luck!

Lekka , thanks for the info Rohann

HI, just trying to revive a old thread, are there any updates ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2