Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Milnerton Lagoon

Sounds about right. Saw plenty mullet about 2 weeks back of the closed off bridge leaving the lagoon on the outgoing tide. No to sure about the leerie though. With all the baitfish around I never saw even the smallest sign of a chase or the tell tale "v" wake. Not even baitfish jumping which is a sure sign of predators. Will try to have abother look b4 the weekend.

The water looks incredibly low at the moment. The whole mouth area is a big sandbar. Are there any viable channels left?

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    I spoke to a drop shot angler yesterday who stated that there were plenty of mullet in the lagoon at the moment and that he had caught a small leerie there last week. Apparently he was fishing off one of the jetty's on Woodbridge Island.
    I think that Milnerton lagoon is about as healthy as the Vaal,
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

The Vaal? Never heard of it. Where's that? A dam near Malmesbury full of carp?

Quote Originally Posted by NeilRowe View Post
    The water looks incredibly low at the moment. The whole mouth area is a big sandbar. Are there any viable channels left?
    Sea levels are a bit low as we are just coming out the tail end of a neap tide. It should start picking up shortly

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5