Thread: Breezie Brae - KZN

Cool Breezie Brae - KZN

Hi Guys,

I have been a member of flytalk for a while now, albeit a silent member. Reading the various posts that get made I have learnt quite a bit.

I am busy planning a fishing trip to a place called Breezie Brae - in Beggarskloof - KZN, and was wondering if there are any flytalkers who have fished this venue recently, would love to hear their thoughts on the venue. There is nothing worse that spending a week at a venue only to discover that the dams are all weeded up completely and the last sighting of a trout was in 1912.

Thanks for the help

Thumbs up

Hi There Mac
    I dont have a very recent account for you though...
    Iv Only fished there once about 15 years ago.
    Breezie Brae was one of the first places my dad took me to learn to Flyfish
    I really liked the place. I Think it has 5 Dams if i remember correctly. We fished the top 2 dams only. (Didnt stay long enoung to fish the rest)
    We didnt stay over though, we just fished for the day.
    But Id definatly go back. It really was a lovely place.
    Its also one of the more affordable places to fish...

Let us know what the fishing is like when you get back. Id love some feedback

If you want solitude Breezie brae is the place. We took out a few monster Rainbows form the main dam, albeit a few years ago. Im really not sure if the dam has been stocked in years though. We have never seen juvenile fish and the fishing is difficult. The cottage is extremely rustic, fully furnished but no electricity, and no hot water. We take lanterns, and we boil water in the fireplace with a jerry can to bath.
    The rats in the building are massive and numerous as well. Not that we had a problem with it though, we took pellet guns and a FLIR along, to hunt them indoors after dark.
    I love the place, and the solitude, and the extreme rustic atmosphere. The fishing is very challenging, but the few that are still in there are monsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor Kuhn View Post
    If you want solitude Breezie brae is the place. We took out a few monster Rainbows form the main dam, albeit a few years ago. Im really not sure if the dam has been stocked in years though. We have never seen juvenile fish and the fishing is difficult. The cottage is extremely rustic, fully furnished but no electricity, and no hot water. We take lanterns, and we boil water in the fireplace with a jerry can to bath.
    The rats in the building are massive and numerous as well. Not that we had a problem with it though, we took pellet guns and a FLIR along, to hunt them indoors after dark.
    I love the place, and the solitude, and the extreme rustic atmosphere. The fishing is very challenging, but the few that are still in there are monsters.
    I'll book right away with that kind of recommendation!!