Thread: Help ID a fish

Default Help ID a fish

Hi guys, could someone please help me ID a fish. My Dad and I both got one each on a recent trip to the South Coast but don't really know what they are. I figure they are bream but as to what species I have know idea.

One was taken on prawn and the other on Sardine, both in very rocky gullies in rough water. Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Babyson View Post
    Hi guys, could someone please help me ID a fish. My Dad and I both got one each on a recent trip to the South Coast but don't really know what they are. I figure they are bream but as to what species I have know idea.

One was taken on prawn and the other on Sardine, both in very rocky gullies in rough water. Any help will be much appreciated!

Thanks
    Rob
    Hey Rob

Those are Lemonfish (Plectorhinchus flavomaculatus) members of the Rubberlip (Haemulidae) family.

Nice catch!!!
    "We all fish for our own enjoyment - me for mine and you for yours, nobody can say what is right and what is wrong." - Jim Leisenring

Hi Liam.

Thank you for your reply, did a quick google search for Plectorhinchus flavomaculatus and you spot on!

Thanks for the help.

Rob