Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gouritz River report back

Quote Originally Posted by Buf Aloe View Post
    Nice report back Chris. Sounds like you guys had a blast.
    I agree with you, just being out in nature is a big part of the event. We are indeed lucky that we are able to arrange trips like this in relative safety.

Those late night cats can be real problem especially when snuggling up close and personal with a mate in haze of red wine- one never knows if the escape is going to be J.I.T (just in time) or not.

Ps I only seem to be able to view to first 2 images??
    If image does not load a small square with a red X will show; right click and select 'Show Image'. Alternatively hit F5 and reload page.

Quote Originally Posted by Buf Aloe View Post
    Those late night cats can be real problem especially when snuggling up close and personal with a mate in haze of red wine- one never knows if the escape is going to be J.I.T (just in time) or not.
    haha....without elaborating too much, let me tell you there were a few seriously close calls
    At one point I thought the tent was being ripped apart as an attemp was made to find the door zip. That particular cat must have landed not further than a meter from my head, the only thing seperating me from the beast being the thinnest layer of nylon
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Is this not the same river wich caused such a huge tiff on fly talk last year with people sharing river x y and z......Think it was "Small stream yellowfish" was just wondering

Anyway, nice report and nice fish, it really is a magical piece of water. I got myself some gold a couple of weeks ago as well.

Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    haha....without elaborating too much, let me tell you there were a few seriously close calls
    At one point I thought the tent was being ripped apart as an attemp was made to find the door zip. That particular cat must have landed not further than a meter from my head, the only thing seperating me from the beast being the thinnest layer of nylon
    LOL It is amazing how thick a thin piece of nylon can be.
    Peter

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going - Jim Ryun

Let's keep it real..

great report Chris!! ... it was a weekend that will not beforgotten - good company, pristine wilderness, fires, the yelping of jackals, assorted fish, and I must admit I rather enjoyed driving my poor little Renault RX4 down that donga - over boulders nearly a metre high .. over really bad mud ... along a river ..etc ..... the car behaved perfectly! and I now know what it can do!!!

Another milestone is my best smallmouth yellow - 18" measured against my rod - caught on a #16 copper-bodied fly on a dead drift!! ... he really gave me a good go!! (my impression of those higher-grade carp has risen somewhat!!)

Chris W .... the pink shirt is a substitute for my other poofy items of clothing which now reside in your garage!!!

thanks again Chris and Eduard!!!
    Last edited by Jasper; 27-04-09 at 07:00 PM.
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shelton View Post
    Big moves afoot at the moment. Will chat in the week. Cheers boet.
    Good to hear Chris, hope it all goes well!
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Great report back Chris, I feel like packing the Bakkie now and just go...
    Some men go to church on Sundays thinking about fishing, others go fishing thinking about G0d.

Hope all goes well for you Chris and am keeping fingers crossed/thumbs held

Jasper, I wouldn't wear your clothes, they'd not be tight enough on my svelte nymph-like body..I have to arrange an official hand-over before my son confuses them as oil rags for his leaking car!
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Thanks Chris and Darryl. A new era dawning to a somewhat uncertain future at the moment, but I'll pull through somehow. Always have. Appreciate the thoughts!

Regards
    Chris
    "Innocence is a wild trout. But we humans, being complicated, have to pursue innocence in complex ways" - Datus Proper

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    Jasper, I wouldn't wear your clothes, they'd not be tight enough on my svelte nymph-like body..I have to arrange an official hand-over before my son confuses them as oil rags for his leaking car!
    HAH!! .. oh fickle one!! ... they were good enough to wear on THAT day!!!

"nymph-like body" ... a body like a dragon fly nymph???? ... complete with segmented abdomen???
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast