Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Opinion - Stealth Travel ?

FlyFanatic Banned User

Got myself a 2/3wt 4 piece Stealth Travel, and im really satisfied! Really nice rod, casts like a dream! (well at least for me, thats all that counts aint it? )

Would just like to thank Gary from Stealth for SUPER service! Damn wish everything in life could be as promptly and satisfying as this was!

Now cant wait for the streams.. will give more feedback after wards!

They are damn fine casting rods. I bought a 2/3 and 4/5 for my motornike trips to Rhodes and Thirft, as I could pack both in the same rod-tube and cable tie the rod-tube to the bike.

My 4/5's tip section broke a few weeks ago, but I live in Australia now and no one here has heard of stealth, so my changes of getting a replacement tip is slim... A big shame as I realy enjoyed that rod.

Quote Originally Posted by arnoc View Post
    They are damn fine casting rods. I bought a 2/3 and 4/5 for my motornike trips to Rhodes and Thirft, as I could pack both in the same rod-tube and cable tie the rod-tube to the bike.

My 4/5's tip section broke a few weeks ago, but I live in Australia now and no one here has heard of stealth, so my changes of getting a replacement tip is slim... A big shame as I realy enjoyed that rod.
    I'm moving over to WA in Jan, so if you buy the tip section< i can bring it over to the island and then send it on
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Guys not to be a ''dooms prophet'' but the travel was discontinued. I also had a 5/6wt and the tip broke and when I sent it back, to our friend in witbank, I was given a new rod and was told the stealth was discont. Gary also confirmed this to me personally.
    Nature does not differentiate between threats, Mother Earth bears them all and we as her creatures are the ones that can make a difference.
    -Ilan Lax

FlyFanatic Banned User

Ja its a pity they were discontinued.. really are awesome rods! So get ur hands on one if you can! Even though you wont get spares, its still worth it! Just be gentle with them..

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Why do you want a travel rod? .. every join/ferrule affects the action on a rod - and the modern 3 and 4 piece rods are short enough to pack
    Hi Jasper

Travel or not, these are lovely little rods in the 2/3wt.
    Nice gentle action for soft presentations.
    Regards
    Craig

Default stealth tips

Quote Originally Posted by arnoc View Post

give me a pm and lets see if we can get a section sent off to you.

gary.

Hi Guys

I am looking for a replacement tip section for a stealth travel 5wt rod, have just chatted to the dealers and they said the model has been discontinued so cant help me with a new section.

I was wondering if anybody on the forum might have any idea on where I might be able to find one?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2