Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: North Island - near Napier

Default North Island - near Napier

I am not sure if any of the NZ guys are still on the forum, but I have a friend that is travelling to New Zealand in november and wanted to do some fishing.

Do any of you know any guides in the area of Napier that he could contact?

Thanks
    G
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Hi Grant,

I have a brochure of a guide in the Hastings/Napier are. He was one of my marshalls in the Commonwealths - very friendly oomie and knew his stuff, told me exactly why I didn't catch more fish. I will see if I can find this brochure.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Hi Grant,

I have a brochure of a guide in the Hastings/Napier are. He was one of my marshalls in the Commonwealths - very friendly oomie and knew his stuff, told me exactly why I didn't catch more fish. I will see if I can find this brochure.

Cheers
    NO NO NO.....I think he wants a guy who will tell him "HOW TO" catch the fish... bloody new zealenders
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

These guys have a choice of 50 odd rivers all within an hours drive of Hastings - bloody amazing. The fish are extremely strong, much stronger than any fish I have caught in SA, they eat #16 - #18 nymphs on 5X/6X tippet, which makes for many brake offs and bend hooks. Many fish in the 3 - 5 lbs. range, up to 12 lbs. The Oomie's choice was an very slim Olive #16 Hare's Ear on a Scud heavy wire hook.

Thanks Dr Phil!

It is for Tim Pope Ellis - If you find it i'llmake a copy for him.
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Hi Grant,

Some great fishing to be had in the Hawkes Bay. Another guide I've heard good things about is Grant Petherick.

My mate Stu lives in Hastings and enjoys helping out visiting anglers. If your friend is interested I can send his details to Stu and see if they can tee something up.

Cheers
    Kevin
    Life is a series of trout missions with that numbing feeling in between...

My Album

Thanks very much Kev - his details are in your PM-box.

I'll pass the details of that guide you mentioned onto Tim.

Cheers
    G

I eventually joined Tim and Stu on a rafting and fishing trip. I think Tim had a good time - he blerry well should have as he caught all the fish. The others have more pics, here are a few I took:

Life is a series of trout missions with that numbing feeling in between...

My Album

And for a moment i thought you could only find paradise in Africa. these photies look wonderful!!!

Awesome stuff!!!! Glad you could take him out! He has been so excited leading up to this trip.

Did he give you the flies I tied for you?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast