Thread: Fly Talk new member

Default Fly Talk new member

Hello, My name is Gary, Just moved down to Cape Town. Looking forward to meeting some of you on line and hopefully on the water. Been fishing up country and am new to stream fishing, so lots to learn. Have the misfortune of being related to Roland, but some one has to do the dirty work. Cheers for now
    Gary

hi gary...welcome.u know how that old saying goes,u can pick ur friends but not ur relatives
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Welcome Gary. Your boet is not really that bad. He makes some yummy sandwiches at least.

Morne
    THE AFRICAN FLY ANGLER

If you're fly fishing as though you are 'in a contest', and the only objective is to 'catch fish' - you are missing the point .... and that is disappointing

"Fly fishing is for those who hold that the fun in the race of life is in the running, not just the winning, that existence is its own justification, that a day spent in a stream or a pond with a goal in mind is a joy even if the goal is not achieved."
    ~by Jon Margolis and Jeff MacNelly

Hey Boet
    Nice to have you here, now don't go and forget that password again. Some stunning people on here and you'll learn heaps....
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by Morne View Post
    Welcome Gary. Your boet is not really that bad. He makes some yummy sandwiches at least.

Morne
    And here I thought you fished with me because you liked looking at my a$$
    See you tomorrow, and bring your "A" game.....
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Hi Gary welcome to Flytalk. You are gone love these guys, they are really funny at times, gives great advice and have heaps of knowledge!

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    And here I thought you fished with me because you liked looking at my a$$
    See you tomorrow, and bring your "A" game.....
    Rols, NO ONE, but NO ONE, likes looking at your ass. The shiny dome maybe, but there again it spooks the fish.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Welcome Gary. No need to worry about the streams you have a good teacher there to show the ropes. Enjoy.
    Peter

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going - Jim Ryun

Let's keep it real..