Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Vaal Flies..

Thumbs up Vaal Flies..

Hi,

I’ve been busy tying some flies for the new Yellow season and would like to share some of them with you- all the attached flies are mainly used as point flies and range between size #14-16. I will submit a few of my control flies shortly

D
    A woman who has never seen her husband fly-fish, doesn't know what a patient man she married!

http://dirkleroux.blogspot.com/

Hi Dirk,

Nice man some gems u have there however I would add a few non beaded mayfly nymphs in black,HE,brown,tan flashback and black flashback.

Otherwise yummy

Hi, those are all very nicely done.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Very, very pretty flies! I notice that the number of pictures of control flies tied on circle hooks has dwindled lately. Is this an availability issue or has the phase passed? Open question.

Mooi fliegies!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkK View Post
    Very, very pretty flies! I notice that the number of pictures of control flies tied on circle hooks has dwindled lately. Is this an availability issue or has the phase passed? Open question.
    On a personal note both plus with a scud I can kap hom very hard.Busy playing with mono guards on scud control flies.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkK View Post
    For me it's an availability issue - I used to tie all my Vaal flies on size 8 and 10Mustad circle hooks, but you can't find them anywhere now. I may look at importing - or nicking some from my mates ....

PS - those are some very, very nice flies!
    Last edited by delboy; 27-08-09 at 09:29 AM.
    "Is that the new G.Loomis??? Wow! How much is that??

Oh, look, the new Stealth......."

Quote Originally Posted by delboy View Post
    For me it's an availability issue - I used to tie all my Vaal flies on size 8 and 10Mustad circle hooks, but you can't find them anywhere now. I may look at importing - or nicking some from my mates ....

PS - those are some very, very nice flies!

Super flies Dirk! Very neat.

Del, Mias Woodmead have stock, I picked up a couple of packets last week. Hopefully theres some left!
    "I'm just a beer drinker with a flyfishing problem"

Anyone who wants mustad circles - I have a whole pile in various sizes and will happily trade them. Not sure what sizes they are but i think 6, 8, 10, I can check later.
    everyone is a "guru" these days - re

Dirk

Very nice flies..

Gerrit
    If you sugest nonbeaded flies, would that be for the colour selection, matching the hatch or more for the carracter and free movement that it provides?

Jannie

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast