Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: White SA man granted refugee status

On average? I'd say there's still less chance of being shot for what's in your pocket in the rest of Africa than in SA.

Who said anything about giving up? I merely voiced an opinion that the ruling party reacted a little harshly considering he's one person. If it bothers them that he's experienced racism against him and used that to claim asylum in a foreign country, perhaps they should address that rather than vilifying the authorities who granted him asylum and the man himself.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. H. L. Mencken

Every decent man is ashamed of his government.

Gogga Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post

Canada looks like a very nice place, but not my cup of tea, so i won't be heading to the refugee office anytime soon I'm happy with wondeful weather, awesome landscapes and superb fishing right here

so i really think this 'refugee' should get lost! If you are going to make nothing of your life here, why would it make a difference over there?
    and about 250,000 South Africans all trying to Immigrate here at any given time. It is not easy to get into Canada, just look who are our Southern Neighbours with their 40 million odd illegal Mexicans.

Canada has a hell of a lot going for it, try free medical, free first world schooling, low crime rate, plenty of employment and the list goes on and on.The problem with Canada is getting in, trust me it is not easy, 20 months to get residency, then a further 3 + years for citizenship. It is not cheap either 8000-Can$ for a family of four.

So this chap getting Asylum, he saved himself a bundle not only in cash but time and effort as well, anyhow what is the big deal, he just joined the other couple of hundred thousand black Zimbabweans pulling the same trick.
    Last edited by Gogga; 16-02-11 at 08:58 AM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4