Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Rock & Surf Gallery – PG 13

Default Rock & Surf Gallery – PG 13

Let’s try and keep it clean…

Default Tag & Release

My first Leervis I tagged and release. I recapture it again after 424 days, and it grew 14cm…

Specie : Leervis
    Size: 64cm
    Date: 2000/12/26
    Bait: Live Mullet

Recapture

Size: 78cm
    Date: 2002/02/23
    Bait: Live Mullet

Days free: 424 Days
    Growth: 14cm

It was released again…

That is pretty cool that you caught the same fish again!!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    That is pretty cool that you caught the same fish again!!

Yes but if he can do that with the same live mullet I will be very impressed, that will be a cool trick.

Quote Originally Posted by DorB View Post
    Yes but if he can do that with the same live mullet I will be very impressed, that will be a cool trick.
    Bhahahahahah...Brilliant....
    "n' man is nie n' klip nie" He needs to fish too...

No Disrespect was intended.
    I think that is totaly amasing. and very interesting that the same fish was caught twice in same area by same person in that space of time, If you think the vastness of the ocean, and the fish is in the same area. I wonder if it migrates and returnes to the area, or if it just stays there forever.

The only place I can say I caught the same fish twice was at rainbow trout farm, I caught the same lipless fish twice in 1 day.

Great catch and amazing to catch the same tagged fish twice yourself!!!

Bass fishing a year or two back, I was fishing soft plastics on the surface and got a huge hit, and upon striking my leader snapped ( fishing braid with flouro leader )..... Retied a leader on, another soft plastic and 5 minutes later, about 2 metres from the are where I'd had the previous hit, BANG, I get another huge hit and again I strike too hard and SNAP!! There goes my leader again! ( I have since, not used that brand of Flouro or that knot again! ).... anyway I tied on a new leader and soft plastic and carried on fishing....

My old man was fishing about 10 metres down the sure from me and about 10 minutes later, he gets a hit, sets the hook and the fight is one....
    Minute or two late, after a good tussle, he lands the fish.... I hear him call over to me"Son you gotta come have a lookm at this...."
    So I walk over and look at the fish ( a Largemouth aroun 1.8 kilos ) and sticking out of its mouth, are both my leaders, with both my soft plastics embedded in its mouth, one ofn either side of the inside of its mouth, and my old mans plastic through its upper lip!!!

SO in effect, this bass had eaten both my lures, and had its jaw yanked by my overzealous strikes, and my Dad's lure, all in the space of about 15 minutes...... It was duly released to go on its merry way, none the worse for wear it seemed....

Ok long story, but its just one of those bizarre little fishing instances that just proves to us just how little we actulally know about fish and their ways.... I like getting those little shocks every now and again!!
    *** TO RIDE, SHOOT STRAIGHT AND SPEAK THE TRUTH ***

Some people are like Slinkies.... Not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson

Heres a monster my old boy "hooked" while spooning for shad Thats gotta be a foul hook? Anyway the blighter was safely released into the nearest pool. Needless to say Pops had to have a Strafdop for that one
    "I'm just a beer drinker with a flyfishing problem"

Default 6kg Elf

Caught this Elf of 6kg while drifting a dead Sardine under a balloon, Saldanha Port.

It was not realeased.

Quote Originally Posted by henried View Post
    Caught this Elf of 6kg while drifting a dead Sardine under a balloon, Saldanha Port.

It was not realeased.
    That is a moer of an elf,how deep was your rig and how far out? I have fished with guys that were using baloons in mosselbay,they got some nice sharks on that rig with live bait.
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast