Thread: U1 Mine Dump on the banks of the Vaal

Default U1 Mine Dump on the banks of the Vaal

Does anyone of this..read info below....

Specifically about the mega dump on the banks of the Vaal.

FIRST URANIUM has warned regulators in South Africa that 5,000 jobs might be at risk if Mine Waste Solutions (MWS) is permanently barred from building a mega mine dump on the banks of the Vaal River at Vermaasdrift and Buffelsfontein. MWS's activities were suspended about three weeks ago when a regulator realised that the company's environmental impact study was incomplete. The agriculture department last week wrote a letter to MWS, the Federation for a Sustainable Environment (FSO) and the Tlokwe local authority stating that the department had originally given approval for MWS to move 14 existing old mine dumps from the dolomitic area at Stilfontein to Vermaasdrift. But, after receiving appeals from Tlokwe, the FSO and farmers, the department visited the area. According to the agriculture department, it was evident that MWS had already begun its activities, such as laying a pipeline, without informing the community. Following the visit, MWS, which plans to extract uranium and gold from the old mine dumps, was ordered to cease operations immediately.
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

See my PM to you. These guys are a subsidiary of a Canadian company with majority Simmer and Jack shares. seems euphemistically they've been caught taking 'short cuts'...
    The more you know, the less you need (Aboriginal Australian proverb)

Only dead fish swim with the stream (Malcolm Muggeridge)

Quote Originally Posted by chris williams View Post
    See my PM to you. These guys are a subsidiary of a Canadian company with majority Simmer and Jack shares. seems euphemistically they've been caught taking 'short cuts'...
    Hi Chris

You're thinking of Uranium One (Dominion Reefs), not so? Those are the guys owned by the Canadians. That mine is in Klerksdorp, but has closed down. The old Skeet Mining place...and Simmer and Jack.

First Uranium (Uzulweni Mine) is another company. It's weird though...this mine is not really close to the Vaal river.

Mike

Oh thanks Mike, I'm waiting to get further info over the weekend from my friends in the industry - it does all sound a bit odd!

Good W/E to all!, cheers
    Chris

Just seen an advert about this issue, program will be on this Sunday (8th Nov) at 18:30, think it is FOKUS if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks, will have a look! The more objective info we have on the matter the better!

Another Canadian company? We have one fsucking up the Lower Vaal and Orange rivers here too. WTF are they doing in SA? Freek should investigate how money changes hands to get foreign companies mining here...
    Then again, they will not screen the program due to "sensitivity" of the matter.
    Save our Yellows!

Quote Originally Posted by troutmaster View Post
    Just seen an advert about this issue, program will be on this Sunday (8th Nov) at 18:30, think it is FOKUS if I'm not mistaken.
    I missed fokus yesterday, what was the story there?
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

I was also out..

I got your email....so once again...the almighty Transvaal Dollar prevails....fek the environment!!!