Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Garrick - Recent stock assessment

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad Botes View Post
    Hi Dave

I know many Rock & Surf anglers release their catches. And many spearos go for 'green' species, like yellowtail etc and don't kill garrick, for instance.

But like firephish's pics shows, not everyone. That's why I posted Bruce Man's article - to hopefully encourage a greater conservation ethic.
    HI Conrad,

I see what you mean!! dont these guys know that those fish are prime breeders. Taking (killing) one of those is really impeding our fish resources. After all, its only something like 3% that survive and reach maturity. (low) Stand to be corrected here.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

sad.......
    "I see the fly float gently down out of the air and land on target. For less than an instant I think, how can this be? Did I actually do that? But there is no time to contemplate philosophy or magic or the rewards of hard work. A trout is on the move..." - Ed Engle, Fishing Small Flies

Quote Originally Posted by swsmith View Post
    i spoke to a chap who spearfishes at breede.he reckons the leeries swim rithe locals there wont think twice bout keeping a bag of juvenile fish.need inspectors 2 get out there and do there job.or even just mantain visible policing.
    Saw this happening in Knysna as well
    Rudolph
    No matter how busy you may think you are, you must find time for reading, or surrender yourself to self-chosen ignorance.
    Confucius

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2