Thread: Tenants

Default Tenants

Hi everyone, I hope this is the right place to place this, if it isnt i appologise in advance. We were fortunite enough to be able to buy a house recently. Now the problem is that our current lease only expires end May. Now we need to get tenants in our place, even if it means that they move in end of Jan, we will find alternative accomodation till the bond gets registered.
    It is a pet friendly unit in Meyersdal, alberton. Two bedroom one bathroom with a loft upstairs that can be used for storage or a reading corner. The rent will be 5000 water and lights excl. water and lights amounts to about 300 a month max. If anyone knows about someone please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephan View Post
    Hi everyone, I hope this is the right place to place this, if it isnt i appologise in advance. We were fortunite enough to be able to buy a house recently. Now the problem is that our current lease only expires end May. Now we need to get tenants in our place, even if it means that they move in end of Jan, we will find alternative accomodation till the bond gets registered.
    It is a pet friendly unit in Meyersdal, alberton. Two bedroom one bathroom with a loft upstairs that can be used for storage or a reading corner. The rent will be 5000 water and lights excl. water and lights amounts to about 300 a month max. If anyone knows about someone please let me know.
    I think it's fine to post here.
    Check your current lease, there is probably a sub letting clause , which still would hold you responsible. You need to have a chat with your landlord.
    If you are working through a letting agency, almost guaranteed that your current lease won't allow you to sub let.
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

I have had a chat to her and she said that she will cancel the current lease provided i get people in our place so if i get someone in our place it will be fine.

Ok, so why not delay transfer of the new place, so that it coincides with the expiry of your lease? This way, you only move once. Remember, You can also move in to the new place before transfer, you will just need to pay occupational interest, until it is registered. (assuming it suits the seller.)
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.