Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: litter cleanup of Cape Streams

Hi Garnet...I think this is a great effort and hats off to those that do it every year but it really gets my back up that these guys do this clean and must then be responsible for correct disposal....surely cape nature can arrive with a van/truck at 12 and collect the rubish...
    stephen is wishing he was fishing location x right now.......

Stephen Smith

Hi,

I agree with Stephen. Surely the disposal can be handled in other ways. For instance when my diving club do cleanup dives for International Coastal Cleanup day SANParks bring in a bakkie and trailer and take all the rubbish away for us, surely Cape Nature can do the same. Or is there someone with a bakkie that is willing to remove the rubbish for everyone.

Cheers

Lloyd

Great initiative! Will get a letter out to parents and try get the kids to help out. Those younger knees and bodies should be able to get to all the right spots!
    If you work with monkeys you'll definitely slip on a banana peel!
    The way to a fly fisherman's heart is AlWAYS through his fly!!

Quote Originally Posted by swsmith View Post
    Hi Garnet...I think this is a great effort and hats off to those that do it every year but it really gets my back up that these guys do this clean and must then be responsible for correct disposal....surely cape nature can arrive with a van/truck at 12 and collect the rubish...
    Howzit Stephen. Going on past experiences I'm not going to hold my breath waiting on Cape Nature. On average, each guy collects 3-4 bags which are easily transportable and can be dumped in household bins. The first cleanup filled Denton's bakkie and he ended up driving around with it for a while trying to dispose of it.

Having said that, I'm still going to invite CNC to send some rangers to check permits concurrently to form a joint operation. Who knows, maybe they will take the trash with them.
    Last edited by BuzzLiteBeer; 28-03-13 at 09:08 AM.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

Quote Originally Posted by System123 View Post
    Hi,

I agree with Stephen. Surely the disposal can be handled in other ways. For instance when my diving club do cleanup dives for International Coastal Cleanup day SANParks bring in a bakkie and trailer and take all the rubbish away for us, surely Cape Nature can do the same. Or is there someone with a bakkie that is willing to remove the rubbish for everyone.

Cheers

Lloyd
    Hi Lloyd, part of this exercise is to take "ownership" of the rivers. So a full cleanup and disposal wins first prize. There's a lot going on behind the scenes that I don't want to elaborate on right now. My relationship with Cape Nature is currently very strained.
    Last edited by BuzzLiteBeer; 02-04-13 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Appin69 View Post
    Great initiative! Will get a letter out to parents and try get the kids to help out. Those younger knees and bodies should be able to get to all the right spots!
    That would be great, just make sure the parents indemnify us against injuries.

I'm sure I can be there too. Will Pm closer to the time
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    I'm sure I can be there too. Will Pm closer to the time
    Great Roland. Will pencil you in.

No Problem i will bring my truck and dump it at the municiple dump site in Killarney

Quote Originally Posted by nico View Post
    No Problem i will bring my truck and dump it at the municiple dump site in Killarney
    Cool

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast