Thread: Aquatic Weed Control

Default Aquatic Weed Control

Has anyone experience/knowledge in an economical and eco-friendly method for reduction and control of AQUATIC WEED?

My brother manages Lakenvlei (no relation to OURS!) in Mapumalanga (or in oldspeak - Eastern Transvaal!)

THE OTHER LAKENVLEI

The lake which is several hectares in extent holds many very good (stocked) RBT - but is unfishable due to a heavy infestation of aquatic weed. (mainly Oxygen Weed, Pan Grass and Knot Weed).
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.
    Alcohol is the anaesthesia by which we endure the operation of life. GBS

I have heard that sterilised grass carp can be an effective way of controlling such weed. I know that there is a guy breeding them in South Africa, but can't give you more details - maybe worth googling it.

The link is

http://www.graskarp.co.za/

Especially this link

http://www.graskarp.co.za/weednew.html

Cheers
    Last edited by Pierre; 05-03-07 at 09:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
    Thanks!!!
    I always wanted to be somebody,but now I realize I should have been more specific.

hi jasper
    i know i will get into trouble not sticking to the right thread, anyway it was nice meeting you this weekend. we never had a chance to say bye properly, hope you enjoyed the sarmies, when you got back to your kit (sorry no coffee). if you have a contact number for roland webb please tell him the same.
    cheers
    rols
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    hi jasper
    i know i will get into trouble not sticking to the right thread, anyway it was nice meeting you this weekend. we never had a chance to say bye properly, hope you enjoyed the sarmies, when you got back to your kit (sorry no coffee). if you have a contact number for roland webb please tell him the same.
    cheers
    rols
    Thanks Roland ... the sarmies were GREAT ... and thank you for all your hard work and great company.

Roland can be contacted on 0848428397