Thread: May the 11th..

Default May the 11th..

So I read a lot of amazing catch reports and awesome stories of places some of you have been, and I thought id share a little something for you

The eve of May 10th 2010, sitting at my work desk, tying up leaders, going through my patterns, pondering my success to come and "driffting" off to my happy place.. All done I anxiously get into bed only to be woken up by a msg reminding me that I will have to reel in the big one by my self.. Off to a dissapointing start I grab some coffee, chow a rusk, make sure my gear is all set and now I am ready to go!! WhohooOOoo At this point im so excited to get down to this little dam I can sh!t myself.

Now at my destination I quickly set up my tube and add what ever gear I needed into its pockets. Set up my rod, plonk on some flippers and get into the water.. AND IT WAS COLD.. VERY VERY COLD..

I started checking out my possible HOT spots and areas I would hope for some decent fish.

I started casting at about 11h30.

Time now. 14h00 and nothing.
    By now my feet are cramping from moving around the dam for the past 3 hours, my back is killing me and the water is so cold that I just kept on going because I couldnt feel my legs anyway.

My day ended at 18h30.

I caught nothing.

And the view was just as k@k.

That was May the 11th

Cheers

yeah, winter is here, bass have gone quite ...

hmmm, May 11 is tomorrow unless I lost a day! Also I have your rod ... what were you casting with?
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Dude FAK May the 11th It was a k@k day.. I added a day.. screw it

I casted with my 6# and 9# just incase the big one decided to troll me around the dam.

Guess what???

It never happened.

Cheers

PS. Im having a backgammon night over the comming weekend if any1 wants to join. Have some fun for a change.

backgammon? ... seriously was it that bad?

on the postive side its a good thing you got some practice with the #9 ... sure you'll need it for nigel dam on sat
    Last edited by firephish; 11-05-10 at 12:47 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by firephish View Post
    backgammon? ... seriously was it that bad?

on the postive side its a good thing you got some practice with the #9 ... sure you'll need it for nigel dam on sat
    To cast that big-@ss deer hair popper of mine for sure!!!