Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: silwerstrome

Question silwerstrome

Can anyone tell me where silverstrome is? I normally go to ben joh's! and has anyone fished Otters Haunt lately

correct me if i'm wrong here guys

head down the N1, off at Potch (i think it is) offramp. head right. passed Yellofish Paradise and not too much further along the road there's a sign and a dirt road to the left (you shouldn't miss it)
    the patient mental...

Here is my recollection of the directions:

Take the N1 South about 40kms or so after the Grasmere Plaza you will see a scrapyard/BP Garage on the right that has scrap cars on top of water towers, take the offramp and then turn right over the freeway. Travel along this road past the barrage sign on the left for about 10 Km’s, you will then see a red sign on the left with the name "Silwerstrome"

thanx guys!!!

thanx guys! do u have to book or can u just arrive?

Quote Originally Posted by rod View Post
    thanx guys! do u have to book or can u just arrive?

no booking is needed but be warned that it's very very busy ! so you need to get there early before the crowds .

Smile

Have you tried Eendekuil before? It is just a little bit further on. You pay more but there always used to be a limit on the number of fly fishermen. Silwerstrome is not reserved for flyfishing only & there are quite a few conventional fishermen.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegill View Post
    Have you tried Eendekuil before? It is just a little bit further on. You pay more but there always used to be a limit on the number of fly fishermen. Silwerstrome is not reserved for flyfishing only & there are quite a few conventional fishermen.
    Eendekuil is also busy I've yet to see Tim turn anyone away , I've seen 20-25 guys on the water at the same time .

Hmmm things seemed to have changed over the past few years. I must agree with you, even as far back as 3 years I did see quite a few guys on the water from time to time but very seldom did it reach 20. I used to try get away every now & then, in the week & have the place to yourself, but that is not always possible. At one stage we were driving from Pretoria Potch & even past to get to some good waters.

Are the places getting quite crowded nowadays? I left Pta 2 years ago & have not fished the Vaal since.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegill View Post
    Hmmm things seemed to have changed over the past few years. I must agree with you, even as far back as 3 years I did see quite a few guys on the water from time to time but very seldom did it reach 20. I used to try get away every now & then, in the week & have the place to yourself, but that is not always possible. At one stage we were driving from Pretoria Potch & even past to get to some good waters.

Are the places getting quite crowded nowadays? I left Pta 2 years ago & have not fished the Vaal since.
    Most of the places nowdays are very crowded , on weekend's. I saw about 50-60 guys on the water at Strome on a saturday about a month ago !

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast