Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Estuaries in South Africa - South Coast

I've had varying success at Mpenjati over a 15 year period, but have had some decent bigeye kingies further unpstream. Lately I have reverted to dropshot / softbaits as I can cover more water. I hope the estuaries are fishable - there has been a lot of rain down there lately. PS, have had some small kingies and the odd snapper in Southbroom lagoon too. I use an ark to get around both of these venues...Good luck.
    "Haauw, in the mouth"

sinking line is ok
    use a leader of 1 -1.5 m 10 kg mono with 1m 5 kg flouro
    tie onto the fly with a loop or rapala knot

/d
    What ever you do never confuse Fishing With catching Fish !!!!
    Fish Are Friends Not Food

But your reasoning has a fatal flaw; it overlooks the fact that to comprehend it requires that one rub a few brain cells against each other. The heat thus generated produces the light that illuminates the fact, but alas, not everybody has the resource required to fuel the process --SG

Very old thread.

Is Mpenjati still a good spot? Any good fly fishing spots further north like Hibberdene, Pennington area? I live in Himeville have recently become a saltwater "convertee"

fished it december 2015 for two days, the first day the mouth was closed then the following day it opened up. only had fun, nothing serious came out except for small kingies, mullet and kurper. after the mouth had opened it died quite alot and only targeted the small schools of mullet and they werent as eager as the day before. we stayed at glenmore and couldnt fish the beach (the bay at kandandlovu river/stream) with fly because it had alot of weed, obviously the spoons came out and got a few shad.

Hey guys, I will be going to Umlalazi in a few weeks and wanted to know if anyone has any hints/advice regarding fishing this estuary?

I have previously catched a garrick in Swartvlei and last time I tried Umlalazi I only ended up catching a small bar-tailed flathead so I'm wondering to what degree should I change my tactics for this estuary? Im looking to target garrick specifically but anything that bites is great! I'm more concerned about the season - What fish would be active during the colder months? If anyone could answer this it would be greatly appreciated! Alternatively if anyone could guide me in the right direction where I could get more information would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Anyone fished the breede recently?

Going up for the weekend and would be good to know what species are in the system at the moment so that I know where to focus my energy

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5