Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Upper Orange Report

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    Love the crab.

One of the most under rated SM patterns in SA.

a definite must for every fly box.
    The guy actualy cought quite a couple of SM on that crab, he was targeting LM, but ended up with a heap of SM on the patern. Proved quite evective on the day.

We have a couple of guys coming through fro Cape Town in 2 weeks, so looking forward to seeing the Capies giving our recedent yellows a goeie klap of 2.

Gerrit
    Miskien moet jy 'n foto post van jou secret crab pattern. (SCP)

'n baie goeie vlieg, IMHO.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Thanks Korrie, I got 4 sm yesterday on it. Still secret! Net vir jou oë bedoel!

Myself and Klaas took a group of anglers from Cape Town and Stellenbosch on a trip this weekend. The Orange is in perfect shape with water clarity very high and viz of around 2 meter! The group got lots of SM and two of the clients got LM. On Sunday, myself and Klaas had a go when they left and Klaas landed 7 LM and I got 3. Klaas took one LM of around 8kg, check out the huge head on this lovely fish. To put things in perspective, the fly he used was about 6cm long and you can see how small it looks.

As I wasn’t really planning to fish much this weekend I only took a 5wt rod with, this was a big mistake as I really needed an 8wt. I lost a bus of a LM only because I wasn’t properly rigged. The 5wt just isn’t up to the challenge when you have huge fish in lots of structure.
    The water temperature is also great at the moment at about 20 degrees and flows are between 370 and 90 cumecs, really lovely conditions!

Hey Chris

Absolutely amazing fish...well done. I think I may have to come visit soon!!!!
    So much water, so many fish, so little time...

Nice going, awesome fishing.

Mike

Awesome fish Chris! A real beaut

Rob

Nice going Chris. We must still confirm the dates when we need to get together with you, Klaas, Seef and the rest. Will drop you a mail later today. Anything from the PO yet?
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Chris
    Lovely fish, lovely water.
    The clarity is amazing.
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Thanks guys, the water is really great at the moment, in 2 days 13 largies were landed (2 above 5kg) and quite a couple broke lose too.

Mario- Nothing from the PO yet, but I'm really looking forward to receiving the parcel. Once I have the parcel we can confirm the dates, will keep in touch. Check out the pic bellow, a 5kg largie were landed from where the pic was taken! Lots of sm in this little run, the perfect stretch to catch them on dries. This is what I mean when I say you will like some of the stretches of the Orange Mario

Quote Originally Posted by chrisvd View Post
    Thanks guys, the water is really great at the moment, in 2 days 13 largies were landed (2 above 5kg) and quite a couple broke lose too.

Mario- Nothing from the PO yet, but I'm really looking forward to receiving the parcel. Once I have the parcel we can confirm the dates, will keep in touch. Check out the pic bellow, a 5kg largie were landed from where the pic was taken! Lots of sm in this little run, the perfect stretch to catch them on dries. This is what I mean when I say you will like some of the stretches of the Orange Mario
    Good stuff - will mail quick you regarding something else as well. The Orange looks good there - good enough for a #00 even
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast