Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Arendsnes

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamS View Post
    I heard the same thing Mike. I'd hate to overcrowd it for anyone though, so maybe we'll try another venue this weekend?
    Yep...Arendsnes and Eendekuil, as well as Silverstrome...the three best venues at the moment. We're not going fishing this weekend!!
    So I thought I'd give the other guys a heads-up on the best water at the moment...seeing as we won't be able to enjoy it this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Yep...Arendsnes and Eendekuil, as well as Silverstrome...the three best venues at the moment. We're not going fishing this weekend!!
    So I thought I'd give the other guys a heads-up on the best water at the moment...seeing as we won't be able to enjoy it this weekend.
    Ag foeitog!!! Asof jy nou by die plekke vang!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    From reading Angi's report Eendekuil is the way to go.
    There again Strome's wading is even easier, and you must go around the other side of the loooong island. The yellows are boiling .
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    From reading Angi's report Eendekuil is the way to go.
    There again Strome's wading is even easier, and you must go around the other side of the loooong island. The yellows are boiling .
    dude! i'm in love with eendekuil after sunday's fishing!!!
    wanna try a different venue this coming sunday though...will check out the other two suggestions on this thread.
    ~ Tie me, Fly me, Whip me, Strip me...

Quote Originally Posted by angi84 View Post
    wanna try a different venue this coming sunday though...will check out the other two suggestions on this thread.
    Angi, you had a very good day for a "Newbie" on the Vaal. Respect.

Take it slowly as far as venues are concerned, and especially keep an eye on the flows. Damien will know all of this, but the time may come when you wish to venture out on your own.

Oh ya, forgot to add. There are only 2 types of f/f who fish the Vaal. "Those who have fallen, and those who have yet to fall." ( Mike McKeowan, circa 2005 ).
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Angi, you had a very good day for a "Newbie" on the Vaal. Respect.

Take it slowly as far as venues are concerned, and especially keep an eye on the flows. Damien will know all of this, but the time may come when you wish to venture out on your own.

Oh ya, forgot to add. There are only 2 types of f/f who fish the Vaal. "Those who have fallen, and those who have yet to fall." ( Mike McKeowan, circa 2005 ).
    thanks dude...
    yea, i don't wanna run ahead of myself with confidence, i know that i have still got A LOT to learn and experience!!!

as for the saying.....i have the same one, just different: two types of bikers, those who have fallen and those who are going to!!! (i fall into the fallen category there...so i know it's gonna happen on the vaal at some point!)

Marno wherever you fish, that pattern of yours that closely immitates the caddises with copper bodies and orange heads will still be crap!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

wanna try a different venue this coming sunday
    Be careful tho, as predicited the levels have been rising steadily since last weekend. It currently flows just under 27 tons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    Be careful tho, as predicited the levels have been rising steadily since last weekend. It currently flows just under 27 tons.
    cool, thanks! i'll keep that in mind.

Angi, a few of us are fishing the Vaal on Sunday morning, you and Damien are welcome to join. Let me know and I'll PM you guys details
    Andrew Schlosser

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left - Seasick Steve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast