Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lower Vaal?

Default Lower Vaal?

Hi guys,

I am looking at getting away for a week at the start of December and want to try some spots on the Vaal further afield than the norm. I am looking for a decent resort / campsite on the lower Vaal and was hoping someone might have a recommendation. Info on this section of the river seems to be rather scarce.....

It can be chalets or camping as long as it's decent as I will be taking the wife and kids along. Also needs a pool and a jungle gym for the kids.

Who has got some suggestions?

Thanks
    Bryan
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

Quote Originally Posted by Williaby View Post
    Hi guys,

I am looking at getting away for a week at the start of December and want to try some spots on the Vaal further afield than the norm. I am looking for a decent resort / campsite on the lower Vaal and was hoping someone might have a recommendation. Info on this section of the river seems to be rather scarce.....

It can be chalets or camping as long as it's decent as I will be taking the wife and kids along. Also needs a pool and a jungle gym for the kids.

Who has got some suggestions?

Thanks
    Bryan
    Try Nkolo Spa, near Christiana. Chalets are very decent, nice amenities, good activities for the kiddies and great water to fish.

PS: Part of the Protea Hotel group...very nice.
    Last edited by Michael; 15-11-10 at 03:11 PM.

Nkolo is an awesome spot,but they are still busy with the camp site and I am not sure if the chalettes are available to the public,but its worth a try.Depending on where you traveling too you can try Van der kloof dam aswell,really good fishing below the dam wall and the resort is cheap but neat.quaint liitle town.

Best is to give them a call, and find out.

In fact, I may do the same...take the family there for a few days over December holidays.

http://www.proteahotels.com/protea-h...hristiana.html

I tried the Protea hotel but they are fully booked for the dates I was looking to go. And they don't know when their campsite will be finished. Was supposed to be ready but they are apparently not yet done.

Any other thoughts?

Been doing lots of googling and can't believe how little info there seems to be on this stretch of the Vaal.
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

I tried the Protea hotel but they are fully booked for the dates I was looking to go. And they don't know when their campsite will be finished. Was supposed to be ready but they are apparently not yet done.

Any other thoughts?

Been doing lots of googling and can't believe how little info there seems to be on this stretch of the Vaal.
    How far down you want to go?

What about the Riet River? There's a place called Lillydale Lodge.

Try these:

http://quovadis-southern-africa.co.z...-province.html

&

Die Hoek Resort
    Below the Bloemhof Dam wall on the banks of the Vaal River.
    Tel: + 27 (0)53 433 0256

I had a look at Lillydale and that is definitely one to consider. Have you fished there?

The Aventura Vaal resort is now the Protea Hotel at Christiana and I also looked at Die Hoek but that looks rather dodge....
    Bryan Williams

Check out my albums

I had a look at Lillydale and that is definitely one to consider. Have you fished there?

The Aventura Vaal resort is now the Protea Hotel at Christiana and I also looked at Die Hoek but that looks rather dodge....
    haha @ dodge.... ja nee!!

Lilydale...on my "to do" list. The fishing there can be spectacular, and the Riet river runs crystal clear most times. Really awesome fishing apparently, with sightfishing the order of the day.
    Last edited by Michael; 15-11-10 at 04:26 PM.

There is a lot of papgooi venues, but you will struggle to get on good ff water - although the fishing will be wild that time of year! Give me a PM and i will put you in contact with the fishing shop in Hartswarer - Midas- ask for Nols. I have a camp 10km from Warrenton, and are running a father and son trip between the 10th and 19th. If your dates are close to these we might be able to do a deal!!! as I will be there annyway !

NS- any booking resulting from this post WILL be commisioned to FLYTALK.!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast