Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Anyone keen to fish Calitzdorp

Thumbs up

I have booked at Matjiesfontein, thanks for al the advice!

Great stuff, was looking at that myslef for the weekend, looks like some
    nice water to fish infront of the camp site there. Might take a drive there
    and check it out this weekend.Enjoy!cheers.

Not sure what the state of the rivers is like at the moment, the Gamkaspoort dam has dried up, they used to release water from the dam every so often to keep water in the river. matjies fontein is almost directly below the dam. When I was there last the water was VERY dirty, not even 1cm visibility, you WILL struggle yourself moertoe. If the water is dirty do not even attempt the drive down to matjies fontein, crap road that can take a toll on a car, if you have a bakkie its fine. You will see fish rizing all over but they can be very difficult to catch.

I will be in Mosselbay after christmas, if anyone wanna go fish just drop me a line, I will not be guiding so I am free to fish. I also have some contacts here and there on the river, but it is a bit of a crap drive for a days fishing and then you get to the river and its not fishable.

Regards

Dewald
    Photography Rules!
    www.dewaldkirsten.co.za

Ag, not a problem then we will braai and drink beer for the 2 days.

i am with you on that one, lots of beers
    if the water is that bad,then the Calitzdorp dam is the best option.
    Thanks for the info, will prob stick around the dam as we are camping there.

Have been trying to gather info on ff Calitzdorp dam, want to tent camp on the bank as to be able to fish as much as possible. Need contact numbers please.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by rseebach View Post
    I have booked at Matjiesfontein, thanks for al the advice!
    Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Have been trying to gather info on ff Calitzdorp dam, want to tent camp on the bank as to be able to fish as much as possible. Need contact numbers please.

DAVE
    Looks like this will be where I will be after Xmas, ff these waters on my own, cant wait. Will give feedback.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

I will be heading up there on boxing day, or the next day. Particularly to explore some of the rivers. Anyone interested in tagging along?
    Disclaimer.... none of my posts are intended to be "expert advice"..just opinions from someone who is willing to help where he can.

Quote Originally Posted by Andre View Post
    I will be heading up there on boxing day, or the next day. Particularly to explore some of the rivers. Anyone interested in tagging along?
    Andre, I'm keen to come down and fish here for yellows, but am in two minds as the place I want to camp at is very rustic due to being on the waters edge. Swambo will maybe not find it ''lekker'', although she says its O.K. for a day or 2 only.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Andre, I'm keen to come down and fish here for yellows, but am in two minds as the place I want to camp at is very rustic due to being on the waters edge. Swambo will maybe not find it ''lekker'', although she says its O.K. for a day or 2 only.
    Well my ff trip has come to a abrupt halt Yesterday on my way to Xmas lunch at my inlaws, can you beleive I just stepped off the pavement to get into my car and dislocated my knee. Did not have a ''happy'' day, living on pain killers.

Dave

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast