Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hello

Quote Originally Posted by Reveck Hariram View Post
    My name is Reveck Hariram and I have recently been appointed as the Senior Water Quality Advisor for the Vaal Dam Catchment at Rand Water.

Being a keen fly fisherman as well, I know that we all see or are made aware of activities that impact on the environment. I would like to appeal to all fly fishermen to contact me to report any of these occurrences on the Vaal River so that we may investigate and mitigate these problems and ensure the sustainability of the Vaal River System.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkEyes View Post
    So a couple weekends back i saw a drain surgeon truck merily drive down to the Klip river in Meyerton and then drive back out 20 minutes later.
    I was playing cricket at the time so could not go check it out or k@k them out for that matter (pun intended)

Is there a reporting process for this kind of cr@p
    I am a member of Fosaf but they not answering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkEyes View Post
    Another thing is i heard that farmers etc along the banks of the klip have no water limitations - in other words they can pump the river dry ... not sure how true this is though.
    I understand that we dont want the filthy klip heading into the vaal but surely that does not allow companies to pollute the water even more
    http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/showt...889#post184889

Hi Reveck

It seems there are concerns regarding sewage spills/ dumping in the Klip river that runs into the Vaal. This specific thread was started on the 19/08/08 and has subsequently resurfaced yesterday, maybe you could investigate further or supply contact numbers for the individuals that could help.

Thank you.

My name is Reveck Hariram and I have recently been appointed as the Senior Water Quality Advisor for the Vaal Dam Catchment at Rand Water.

Being a keen fly fisherman as well, I know that we all see or are made aware of activities that impact on the environment. I would like to appeal to all fly fishermen to contact me to report any of these occurrences on the Vaal River so that we may investigate and mitigate these problems and ensure the sustainability of the Vaal River System.
    Geeez where have you been, used to chin wag on these sites a lot in the past, well congrats on your appointment and good luck.
    PK

I am haunted by waters - Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by pieterkriel View Post
    Geeez where have you been, used to chin wag on these sites a lot in the past, well congrats on your appointment and good luck.
    Could not have '' chin wag'' ed enough, he only has 3 posts.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Quote Originally Posted by poppernel View Post
    Could not have '' chin wag'' ed enough, he only has 3 posts.
    He used to have a different user name.

Welcome Back Reveck!
    "So here’s my point. Don’t go and get your ego all out of proportion because you can tie a fly and catch a fish that’s dumb enough to eat a car key.." - Louis Cahill - Gink and Gasoline

Quote Originally Posted by gkieser View Post
    He used to have a different user name.

Welcome Back Reveck!
    That explains it.

Welcome back Reveck.

Dave
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Default Re : Fish related problems in the Free State

If you are aware of fishery problems in the Free State please contact

Barkhuizen, Leon barkhl@detea.fs.gov.za 0832560446

I have been on the forum for a number of years but under another pseudo ... Curry Fly

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2