Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tubing adventure turns into croc horror

Default Tubing adventure turns into croc horror

Saw this on News24 (http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...orror-20110131)

This is one of my big fears when fishing the Vaal. Are there crocs in the Vaal?

This was spotted not too long ago....
    Bryan Williams

“My Biggest worry is that my wife will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it!”

Check out my albums

That one I can handle, as a matter a fact I am sure I can handle 2 of them.
    Brilliant!!!

T.I.A (This is Africa)
    This oke was very lucky. He could have been croc dung at the bottom of the river by now.

There have been a number of rumours with regards to croc sightings in the Vaal over the past. Does anyone know of any steadfast evidence or information about this and which parts, not a friend of a friends uncle that shot one.
    I did a quick search and did find an article, i think on news24 but that was 2006.
    I heard there was a hippo in the vaal at Orkney, but that was an escapee that was captured again.

I have not yet seen any hard evidence yet of crocs in the Vaal but if they can hide away in small places like On The Rocks in Swavelpoort and some other little streams here around pretoria until they reach over two meters before getting caught then there is a posibility (however small) that they might just be in the Vaal.

WHo knows?
    Last edited by Wade; 01-02-11 at 01:01 PM.
    The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a "y"

Quote Originally Posted by Wade View Post
    I have not yet seen any hard evidence yet of crocs in the Vall but if they can hide away in small places like On The Rocks in Swavelpoort and some other little streams here around pretoria until they reach over two meters before getting caught then there is a posibility (however small) that they might just be in the Vaal.

WHo knowa?
    True that Wade, anything is possible these reptiles are survivors........... i just hope one of you guys spot him first before i do.

Here are those old links that i was speaking of.

http://www.bassing.co.za/bassingforu...croc-vaal.html

http://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/Ne...-cops-20060725

Crocs crocs everywhere.............

Gone are the days when i hear a splash and then believe the chap who says "that was only a legewaan"

I know for a fact that quite a few people on this forum sometimes fish at On The Rocks in zwavelpoort, well here is the reason why the fishing is not of the best:

http://www.bronberger.co.za/index.ph...=348&Itemid=72

And in Cornwall Hill Exclusive Country Estate

http://www.iolproperty.co.za/roller/...ve_residential

So it seems that crocs are on the comeback.
    The best day to go fishing is any day that ends in a "y"

FlyFanatic Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Andre s View Post
    There have been a number of rumours with regards to croc sightings in the Vaal over the past. Does anyone know of any steadfast evidence or information about this and which parts, not a friend of a friends uncle that shot one.
    I did a quick search and did find an article, i think on news24 but that was 2006.
    I heard there was a hippo in the vaal at Orkney, but that was an escapee that was captured again.

Andre, there is a croc farm near Deneysville, a while ago they had a flood and some of the small crocs escaped. someone on flytalk posted a pic of a croc sunning itself on the banks of the vaal river a while ago.

Be sure that they are there, just not in the numbers to be scared. Chances are better to be ran over by a car.

If I were you I would be more scared of the catfish than the crocs! There are some real monsters in the Vaal!

Quote Originally Posted by FlyFanatic View Post
    Andre, there is a croc farm near Deneysville, a while ago they had a flood and some of the small crocs escaped. someone on flytalk posted a pic of a croc sunning itself on the banks of the vaal river a while ago.

Be sure that they are there, just not in the numbers to be scared. Chances are better to be ran over by a car.

If I were you I would be more scared of the catfish than the crocs! There are some real monsters in the Vaal!
    Hi FlyFanatic,

your post caught my attention..... regarding the Crocs ETC......

You guys clearly dont know ANDRE! ..... if i can paint a little picture for you!!

this is a guy made up, part RAMBO, part Steve Irwin, part Snake madman, part etc etc etc....

He's the only flyfisher i know that jumps off a bridge to chase a yellow that he's hooked (cause the fish went under the bridge) ..... not to mention the fact that the river was flowing BIG TIME.....

So getting back to your post .... i think if he sees a croc in the river ... he's gonna drop his fly rod and chase the croc ...(literally) ..... trust me he's not going to be scared of it ...... in fact it will put a sparkle in his eye !!!

lol

regards

Gusty

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast