Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Advertising Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Yeah that's what I'd like to know. All still a little grey to me.
    According to my understanding of the rules I'm sorta clear (you as well) to post pics of my (your) rods. I did ask Phillip to let me know if I'm breaking the rules, so it really is now up to the discretion of the site Admins.

I'll be happy with whatever they decide to do though, as it is not as if I am doing any business on the forum. Not posting my pics here will make very little difference. In fact, it will not make a difference at all.

I would be good to know when you did something wrong though.
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    Nou wat nou vorentoe?
    You will have to change your name from
    smallstreams.co.za
    to
    flytalk.co.za
    and charge the moderators 5% of the 5% for your 100% contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    You will have to change your name from
    smallstreams.co.za
    to
    flytalk.co.za
    and charge the moderators 5% of the 5% for your 100% contribution.
    I wonder if the username Gumtree is taken ....

Just kidding of course - I'll change mine to Hilux
    Mario Geldenhuys

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Well, i might put my foot in it now. As a retailer / rod builder ( who actually do enjoy building fly rods , even though it is my job)i realize the advertizing / awareness powers of this forum. We do get several guys in the shop who mention FlyTalk , and also the rods / reels/ lines/.... they have bought because of the forum.

Personaly i find the rod building forum very interesting , and visit it quite often , most of the time not leaving a reply about someting because it might be assosiated with the shop. ( this is the other side of the coin guys) . Both Mike and Mario do build excuisite fly rods , both world class. The advice , pic's and banter add to the forum. But guys , you do make some money out of this, how you deal with this only you will know.

Quote Originally Posted by smallstreams.co.za View Post
    According to my understanding of the rules I'm sorta clear (you as well) to post pics of my (your) rods. I did ask Phillip to let me know if I'm breaking the rules, so it really is now up to the discretion of the site Admins.

I'll be happy with whatever they decide to do though, as it is not as if I am doing any business on the forum. Not posting my pics here will make very little difference. In fact, it will not make a difference at all.

I would be good to know when you did something wrong though.
    That's correct, if I click on your Avatar, username or signature it can't link directly or indirectly to your website or any other link with the aim to get business. If you do have a paid for ad your username can be "Mike the rodbuilder" which can link through to your website together with your signature "www.miketherodbuilder.com" You can also post "for any inquiries send me a pm, visit my website" etc.

Let know if it isn't clear?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    That's correct, if I click on your Avatar, username or signature it can't link directly or indirectly to your website or any other link with the aim to get business. If you do have a paid for ad your username can be "Mike the rodbuilder" which can link through to your website together with your signature "www.miketherodbuilder.com" You can also post "for any inquiries send me a pm, visit my website" etc.

Let know if it isn't clear?

Cheers
    Still want to know, can we (Mario and myself who are not businesses) still share some interesting rod builds on the forum, or must we just stop posting anything under the rod building thread?
    That's the bottom line, surely? Either we can post under the rod building thread, or not. Your decision Phillip and Pierre.
    Last edited by Michael; 10-02-11 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricko View Post
    But guys , you do make some money out of this, how you deal with this only you will know.
    I can honestly say that I have not had any member (that I know of) from FlyTalk order a rod from me. Then again, there are so many inactive members that I cannot say for sure that is was not a FlyTalk member or guest.

Phillip cleared it up for me though, and I'll post the odd pic of the odd job I complete. If it breaks the rules, I will have to deal with the consequences.
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    That's correct, if I click on your Avatar, username or signature it can't link directly or indirectly to your website or any other link with the aim to get business.
    Quite clear.

For future reference - is there a thread somewhere that lists advertisement options?
    Mario Geldenhuys

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    Ja, you've been warned.

If you post something on a thread - not a banner ad.
    How much do you pay commission? 5%
    And how many times can you mention it in different threads?
    Oh and by the way, is anyone attending the Nymphing Master Class?
    The percentage I pay towards Flytalk for all bookings from the forum, is far higher than any of the figures that have been mentioned in any of the "sales" threads etc.
    Phillip can vouch for that.
    I have no problem paying for the direct bookings from the site.
    The credibility of the site is good.
    As for those, that say, they have enough work, they dont have to advertise etc, the posting is not for bussiness etc.
    So, are you only posting so that we can "stroke your back" and say "well done". Then you are an egoist. and you are not building just for "love"
    Korrie Broos

Don't go knocking on Death's door, ring the bell and run like hell. He hates it. (anon)
    Nymphing, adds depth to your fly fishing.
    Nymphing, is fly fishing in another dimension

Quote Originally Posted by Korrie View Post
    As for those, that say, they have enough work, they dont have to advertise etc, the posting is not for bussiness etc.
    So, are you only posting so that we can "stroke your back" and say "well done". Then you are an egoist. and you are not building just for "love"
    I can't actually believe this post.....

Oh well, as Forest Gump said..."Stupid is as stupid does".

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast