Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Advertising Rules

Every member on this Forum has a value.

Their value is equal to their contribution to this Forum and their specific knowledge on certain aspects.
    The people who contribute to this site with useful, valuable and pertinent information regarding fly fishing should be rewarded. Those who have a smiley behind every message shouldn't be.

The valuable contributing members of this site are what placed this site in the top 10 - not the moderators and not the advertisers.
    It is time that we acknowledge the input of members like Mario, Mike, Korrie, Andre, OMR et al.
    Without the knowledge and wisdom posted by these members this site would not be a source of information. It is their writings that make guests choose this site to read up about something and ultimately becoming members. No one buys the Getaway to read the ads in the back. People buy it to read up on expert opinions and articles of interest.

The mileage that these valuable members gave to Flytalk to make it CREDIBLE is immeasurable.

In a minefield and myriad of "Google Fishermen" and "Internet fly fishing experts" it is indeed a privilege to have some members who walk the talk and make sure that amongst all the rubbish there are also some useful information.

If the moderators feel they have to charge these valuable members for their "product placing" please just think what they are giving back to you. They make you and your forum credible. They put you in the position to attract advertising. Without these members, you have guys like me and Herman left - the only ads you will sell are for Elbe's and Kaphom Carp bait.

Respect your valuable forum members - they really are priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by redhumpy View Post
    Every member on this Forum has a value.

Their value is equal to their contribution to this Forum and their specific knowledge on certain aspects.
    The people who contribute to this site with useful, valuable and pertinent information regarding fly fishing should be rewarded. Those who have a smiley behind every message shouldn't be.

The valuable contributing members of this site are what placed this site in the top 10 - not the moderators and not the advertisers.
    It is time that we acknowledge the input of members like Mario, Mike, Korrie, Andre, OMR et al.
    Without the knowledge and wisdom posted by these members this site would not be a source of information. It is their writings that make guests choose this site to read up about something and ultimately becoming members. No one buys the Getaway to read the ads in the back. People buy it to read up on expert opinions and articles of interest.

The mileage that these valuable members gave to Flytalk to make it CREDIBLE is immeasurable.

In a minefield and myriad of "Google Fishermen" and "Internet fly fishing experts" it is indeed a privilege to have some members who walk the talk and make sure that amongst all the rubbish there are also some useful information.

If the moderators feel they have to charge these valuable members for their "product placing" please just think what they are giving back to you. They make you and your forum credible. They put you in the position to attract advertising. Without these members, you have guys like me and Herman left - the only ads you will sell are for Elbe's and Kaphom Carp bait.

Respect your valuable forum members - they really are priceless.
    Mario, you sometimes post excelent posts too, this one is a prime example, well said! ( I deliberately left out the smile after the sentence)

Hi Redhumpy,

Them being valuable to this forum is beside the point, you are also valuable

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Hi Redhumpy,

Them being valuable to this forum is beside the point, you are also valuable

Cheers
    I beg to differ.

It is entirely the point. They provide a tangible source of information that actually grows the brand. Without their invaluable and continued input you would not be in a position to sell advertising space.
    And if they benifit in some small way from that is it really an issue?
    As in point of fact the forum stands to benifit just as much if not more.
    Saying it is unfair to advertisers is also just defraying the issue.
    If an advertiser was as active a contributor to the driving content of the forum then they too deserce certain dispensations.
    But to say that it is not on as it impacts negatively on someone who sits on the sidelines merely punting a banner here and there is somewhat shortsighted in my opinion. Flame away if need be but I just cannot reconcile the logic.
    Last edited by markdej; 10-02-11 at 03:00 PM.
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

Can it also mean that them being valuable goes without saying?

If they are so "valuable", then what commission will Fly Talk (c) (tm) get out this ?
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Chris Shelton was the most valuable and you all chased him away and spoilt my fun

To that end would you then agree that their contributions have a tangible comercial benifit to this forum?
    "All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Fario View Post
    Chris Shelton was the most valuable and you all chased him away and spoilt my fun
    what about me Fario my son?
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Nah, you're in the same bracket as Poepernel.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast