Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Urban Flyfisher dam

Ok so here is my 10 cents worth. I have fished the Urban dam and it is very nice the farm is very really beautiful and peaceful also not busy at all . The Fishing is hard but there are fish in the dam you can see them rise in the evening on a cold day e.g.. This week. IF you can get them to bit that is another story. So if you want to catch lots of fish go to brookwood. Maybe I just need to spend more time there and improve on my fishing ( I think I will have to take one for the team and just do that  ) As for trout Hunters it is another brookwood they have 3 trout dams and with the option of fishing Carp they have 2 really well stocked Carp dams .
    I tried this place and it was really nice. The Day I went is was way to warm for trout. I have only ever been there once but the owner says that he stocks it fair often. I do warn you he does also allow Bass spinner fisherman
    http://www.junkmail.co.za/v-johannes...94QYEdQX201112
    Noted fly fishermen Lefty Kreh was once asked by a non-fisherman whats the sense was of catching fish just to let it go. He responded, “Do you burn your golf balls after a game?”

thanks for the info! is it possible to use the bergsig dam now without membership? is that gnu valley CR?

Yes that new place is C&R. As for urban i am not sure if they letting day visitors in or not the best bet is to call the shop and see
    Noted fly fishermen Lefty Kreh was once asked by a non-fisherman whats the sense was of catching fish just to let it go. He responded, “Do you burn your golf balls after a game?”

Quote Originally Posted by gripit View Post
    Yes that new place is C&R. As for urban i am not sure if they letting day visitors in or not the best bet is to call the shop and see
    The way I understand is that you have to be a paid up member to fish the dam. Anual membership is +-R2000 and then you get a sticker for your car and that allows you entrance.
    I think it is limited to 40 members.

Its 2.5k per annum. Not worth it at all for such limited fishing in a tiny dam.

And some weekends when all 40 members rock up to fish...going to be a tad crowded...

yeah its rather expensive. I think the 2.5k can find a better use somewhere else.

Default Update on the Urban Dam

Hi Gents,

The memberships for the Urban Dam fell away at the end of February 2012. I took ownership of Urban FF March 1st and as I am a sole proprietor and would not be able to actively manage the dam it was decided to let this fall away. Bergsig is now back under the ownership/management of the farmer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2