Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Bo-vlakte

Quote Originally Posted by rols View Post
    Hi Pierre
    Last time I was there, no day fishing was alowed. Only people booked into the cottage could fish. I was there 3 years ago though.
    Cheers
    Hi Roland

Thanks for the info. I'll give them a call. How you been ? We must get together at Eikendal sometime. Had some good fun there Friday afternoon. The evening rise at the bottom dam is great. I got the recipe for them. Let me know. Also want to fish Sandvlei sometime soon when the weather clears up a bit.

Cheers

Yes we must get together. I worked for Philip twice at Eikendal but did'ng get a chance to fish as it was so busy. Going with him on his Lakensvlei weekend trip. Will get together when we come back.
    Cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Has anybody been to Bo-Vlakte this year? What are conditions like out there at the moment, anybody know?

Hi
    Terence went there on the weekend of the world cup final and caught some real monsters. They caught mostly from the side. The water is very low at the moment. He might post some pics later and elaborate more.
    Cheers
    Behold the fisherman. he riseth early in the morning and disturbeth the whole household. mighty are his preperations. he goes forth full of hope and when the day is ended, he returneth smelling of strong drink and the truth is not with him. originator unknown.

my stuff.... http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=824[/SIZE]

Thanks, thats great to hear. Im going fishing there in two weeks, any tips on patterns or anything that worked well, will be appreciated

Hi Shaun,fished there about 3 weeks back,caught plenty fish and some nice big rainbows.In the main dam there are rainbow,brown and steel-head trout.Booby flies worked well.There is nice weed growth,any fly in dark colours worked, fished deep.White death for surface action also worked well.I eventually used a flipper ( old sea pattern ) and they really smashed the fly,but it was to big and only had one pickup.I will be back with small flippers.Sliders in dark pattern should also work.My mate had most takes on black wooly buggers.Attached some pics to get your mouth watering.

Quote Originally Posted by TERENCE View Post
    ... and steel-head trout ...
    Really? Sea-run rainbows??
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Enlighten me? Thats what Johan calls them.

Product of popular misconception and errant naming ... there are no steelhead in South Africa.
    "Hierdie drol het baie vlieë" - Ago 2014.

Thanks Terence, those are some nice sized fish!, looking forward to the trip there, caught some nice fish there to in the pass. dam looks really low! in the pics. But there has been some good rain in the past month.

Was also wondering about the whole steelhead thing?? many trout farms are claiming to be stocking there dams with steelhead?? because they can tolerate warmer waters better? or something like that?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast