Thread: CDC Sparkle Bugger

Default CDC Sparkle Bugger

This pattern offers great triggers and has proved itself many a time, especially on heavily pressured water where the fish had seen all the standard commercially available Woolly Buggers. It is not as glitzy as a Crystal Bugger, with just the right amount of sparkle under the CDC. This creates a very lifelike 3D effect trapping air bubbles. Tie a few in your favourite colours.

Recipe:

Hook: Standard Streamer Hook #6 - #12.
    Thread: Colour to match the fly.
    Tail Guard: Fishient Flouro Fiber.
    Tail: Marabou.
    Body: Ice dub.
    Rib Copper wire.
    Hackle: CDC

Step 1

Tie in a short bunch of Flouro Fiber, this will act as a tail guard preventing the marabou tail from fouling and is also a hot spot.

Step 2

Tie in a length of marabou, approximately the length of the hook shank and tag combined. Tie in the copper wire.

Step 3

Place the ice dubbing on the Petitjean jaws. I used chartreuse and black (VIVA), a great colour combination.

Step 4

If you don’t have a Petitjean clip, use a piece of hi density foam - a neat little trick showed to me by Albe Nel, the Petitjean Clip makes it easier though. The next step is to place the CDC on top of the Ice Dub and pushing it into the clip/foam.

Step 5

Here I have used both a black and chartreuse CDC feather. Grab it with the jaws and clip off the feather stems.

Step 6

Split your thread and insert the ice dub and CDC. Twist it into a dubbing loop. Twist the copper wire around the CDC/ice dub rope, this will make the fly more durable.

Step 7

Wrap the wire and CDC forward and tie off, stroke the fibers back after every wrap. Apply cement to the thread and whip finish.

Great looking fly that Philip, unweighted as well should be good.

DAVE
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Geepers that is a nice fly...
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

HAWT! One of my favorite patterns. I like that way of tying it, i think I would do the two colors separately though and maybe add some chart CDC in the hot spot? might look quite kewl?
    Around the steel no tortur'd worm shall twine, No blood of living insect stain my line;
    Let me, less cruel, cast feather'd hook, With pliant rod athwart the pebbled brook,
    Silent along the mazy margin stray, And with fur-wrought fly delude the prey

Looks very good, thanks sharing Philip
    “Apparently people don't like the truth, but I do like it; I like it because it upsets a lot of people. If you show them enough times that their arguments are bullshit, then maybe just once, one of them will say, 'Oh! Wait a minute - I was wrong.' I live for that happening. Rare, I assure you” ― Lemmy Kilmister

Reap the Whirlwind - WM

Paradise = A 3wt Rod & a fist full of someone else's #32 parachutes

Thanks for posting Philip, nice pattern.

Very nice pattern, thanks for sharing. Must get me one of those Petijean tools...they are great.

what a lekker fly, gonna tie me some of those.