Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Maremmana Country Eatate - Botriver

Default Maremmana Country Eatate - Botriver

Hi guys,
    I spent this saturday at the Maremmana Country Estate, and participated in a small, fun competition. This event was organised by the fly fishing section of the club, and is hoping to make there 2 stocked stillwaters popular among the fly fishing community, i agreed to helping them out to this.

With a bright start to Saturday morning, we made out way down to the dam, and already noticed a few fish rising. So, as our usual go-to flies, we put on olive wooly buggers, along with some weightless black nymphs on the droppers. Within the first half hour, my line was ripped out of my hand, as this little slap of silver devowered my offering. After a short and agile fight, i netted the beautie, and was suprised at the power of these fish.

The day consited of a few casting, and fly tying lessons given by myself, and a fellow Boland Junior team angler.

In the end, i finished with 9 fish, all of great quality, and will definately be returning soon

Would definately recommend this as a prime stillwater.

http://www.maremmana.co.za/trout-fishing/

Tight lines!
    Nick

Sounds and looks like a great venue. Their 4 sport challange looks very good.

Uncle Jas ( Jasper on the forum ) is ALLOWED to shoot clays as well as is a great f/f. Get him in your team and all you need is 2 who can ride bikes and horses. Then it's competition won.
    It's not in the catching, it's in the learning something new.
    view albums at. http://www.flytalk.co.za/forum/album.php?u=659

Haha, i seriously recommend that you take part in that event! its more fun than competition

Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by Herman Jooste View Post
    Sounds and looks like a great venue. Their 4 sport challange looks very good.

Uncle Jas ( Jasper on the forum ) is ALLOWED to shoot clays as well as is a great f/f. Get him in your team and all you need is 2 who can ride bikes and horses. Then it's competition won.
    They will provide a hoss & cowboy/girl if yo need one.
    Regards
    Craig

Bump!!! Anyone been here lately? Phones and emails are not being answered.
    Wanted to go tomorrow.
    So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish.

I dont think its a day venue... My friend owns the place, but they are having a competition in September
    Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time...

Quote Originally Posted by fishlover1 View Post
    I dont think its a day venue... My friend owns the place, but they are having a competition in September
    As I was informed...
    Maremmana - Bot River *** D
    Fishing on 2.2 Ha dam by prior arrangement only
    Phone Peter on 082 8346487 or Sue on 072 107553 maremmana@hermanus.co.za
    R50.00 per day per person.

Will give it a miss anyway. Going to visit Oom Naas rather.
    Last edited by BuzzLiteBeer; 28-06-12 at 07:42 PM.

oh! then its changed! Peters son is my roomate in the boarding house its a great venue! The fish love dries and nymphs, and the water is crystal clear! Not to mention the condition of the fish... Really worth going there for a day!
    Catch and Release fishing is a lot like golf. You don't have to eat the ball to have a good time...

spoke to Peter recently, you can still go on a day ticket, your calls aren't being answered as he is away at the moment.
    Regards
    Craig

Quote Originally Posted by ArcherFish View Post
    spoke to Peter recently, you can still go on a day ticket, your calls aren't being answered as he is away at the moment.
    Thanx Craig.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast