Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2x LM Slaughter

Hi Mark,

Yes I posted about the permits not too long ago. You need to pay R50 to DWAF and it differs from province to province.My source being TCFF.

Ps. FYI Stones here is that post about their status again.

Quote Originally Posted by markdej View Post
    G I think youre spot on.
    AFIK you now SPECIFICALLY need a permit for Large Mouth. And seeing as no govening body exists that issues said permit you technically arent even allowed to catch LM. (I believe there was even a thread about this paradox on FlyTalk a while back) But irrespective even if you are entitled to kill something what the hell does it prove to do so??

You know youre really a dumb f@ck p0es when you kill not one, but two fish with more intrinsic value in a single fin than you have in your entire being.

What a ****stick.
    `

Well said, totaly agree, what a dumb ass motherf%7*ng dips*&^%$t. I hate it when people do things like this.

And to think that the first pic that Stones posted and edited is actually this tool's facebook profile picture. The original notification I got of this had a link to his FB profile. Yes, I did message him with my thoughts about killing yellows.
    Andrew Schlosser

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left - Seasick Steve

I am sure we forum members in the Parys area can team up and 'invite' this idiot via FB, MIXIT or similar channel for a nice LM outing ... surely such a dumb a$$ will meet us at a predetermined venue, I know of a few with nice deep holes...

LFHU

f...king disgusting. This chop needs to be educated.

what a tool.

afaik the legalities depend on the province, the following applies in the NW Province:

Not sure, about all the other provices, maybe someone at fosaf would know?

m
    ---------------------------------------------
    http://wildjohannesburg.blogspot.com

Thumbs up

wat a chop!!! this guy has no idea, going to find him, cut him and hold him up to the camera and take a pic hahahah
    Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day

What a FMSP...we try our best to cherish theser fish and the pillock with his chessa cat smile goes ahead with his carnage. Makes my blood boil...fek sakes man!!!!
    Bubble, Bubble, Bubble and Squeak...I think this mixture is too weak!!!???" (Wrex Tarr)

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    If the fish were killed, he's a knob.

But, other articles and places on the net suggests he does release the fish:
    http://www.stywelynetightlines.co.za...feedbackID=833

BUT...the date on the above pic, and the one on that link, is the SAME date!!! One when it was caught (early morning), the one above after 10am.
    The fish was NOT released, I suspect...even though he CLAIMS so!

Mike thanks for raising this point.
    I dont think flytalk or any other flyfishing related forum or magazine would even publish a photo like that!

Now I know people make fun of me for being over protective or sensitive of all living things that are needlesly killed (such as the now deleted hornbill thread) HOWEVER, I've had my issues with Stywe Lyne Magazine before.

Research we have conducted at Uni has shown that the most interesting part of magazines are the photographs. People did not want to see pictures of Amy Winehouse alive because she was bloody ugly - but there was a huge Google search count of people trying to see pictures of her dead! Pictures sells magazines and websites.

This brings me to the point - has Stywelyne scooped so low that they will actually publish photographs of dead fish or fish "about to die" in order to push up their "views" or "sales"?

It could be argued that the d00s who killed those yellows actually posted the pics on the Stywelyne website without their knowledge of the fish killed as anyone can upload pics to a forum they are registered with. However having gone through the last issue of Stywelyne I must say I am appauled at their sense of ethical fishing.

Here are one or two examples regarding the current issue:
    On Page 8 they reward a certain lady with the LETTER OF THE MONTH for catching her very first fish - and a Largy nogals. I enjoyed the story and think it must have been a great experience. I will fully support them in awarding her letter of the month - She even released the fish in a gentle manner which is awesome! She did absolutely nothing wrong and was rewarded with a great catch that I could see she respected! HOWEVER, they should have pointed out to her, including and especially to her husband and friends who arrived as she landed it to take the pictures, that holding such a beautifull fish with your fingers deeply inbedded in its gills are just not on! Jackie you did well, congratulations! Sorry Stywelyne you failed .

On Page 36 - 38 they have a beautifull collage of catches - over 3 pages nogals as pictures mos sells magazines. In this three page bonanza they feature no less than 11 magnificent fish caught by readers. Sad part though is that 6 (possibly 7) of them are DEAD! No one else will ever have the opportunity to land those awesome creatures. Well done Stywelyne!

And to think these are the same tired punters who always cries: "We caught so much more fish when we were younger"

Morons! And especially the PRlCK with the dead largies this thread was dedicated to! You need to be first educated and if that doesn't work, castrated and weighed hanging from your nostrils from a boga.
    Last edited by redhumpy; 16-08-11 at 06:33 PM.

If those fish were really not releashed, sad day for us 50 year old plus fisherman, we have ourselves to blame for not stressing the importance of C.A.R. to our young and the the forthcomming privelidges for all if we do. Those fish are this era's breeding stock, please tell me they survived and are free.
    Handle every situation like a dog.- If you cant hump it, piss on it and walk away. --JASPER.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast