Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2x LM Slaughter

Sjoe guys.....def some passionate yellowfish fans out there.......I like!!!!

Stywe Lyne has some been critisized somwhat before with many issues......sad because, like alot of you we grew up with this magazine.

This prat, for use of a better word, facebook profile pic proves that the fish were, and I quote; iether killed or kept in a keepnet for a picture later on, which details were BS'ed on Stywe......shocking. Even if the fish were kept alive for a later pic....are as good as dead anyway (the water wasn't even in the photo).

World of respect to you guys!

Quick question - of what use are those largies to him dead? Surely not eating? Mounted as a trophy?? Is there ANY logic to this?
    Mario Geldenhuys
    Smallstream fanatic, plus I do some other things that I can't tell you about

"All the tips or magical insights in the world can't replace devotion, dedication, commitment, and gumption - and there is not secret in that" - Glenn Brackett

Quote Originally Posted by Stones View Post
    Sjoe guys.....def some passionate yellowfish fans out there.......I like!!!!

Stywe Lyne has some been critisized somwhat before with many issues......sad because, like alot of you we grew up with this magazine.

This prat, for use of a better word, facebook profile pic proves that the fish were, and I quote; iether killed or kept in a keepnet for a picture later on, which details were BS'ed on Stywe......shocking. Even if the fish were kept alive for a later pic....are as good as dead anyway (the water wasn't even in the photo).

World of respect to you guys!
    Please give us this guys profile name on FB, so we can leave him a few messages on his wall.

Quote Originally Posted by OllieOwen View Post
    Please give us this guys profile name on FB, so we can leave him a few messages on his wall.
    Hey Ollie,

If you look at the Stywe link in the beginning, you will get his name there. I dont want to put it out publicaly, for various legal reasons.

Why stop now? Die see kan hom reeds nie afwas nie.... Pathetic how u okes can play high and mighty on a forum. Show me what've you done ito education then maybe I'll change my mind but to curse this ou poer in sy ma se moer is just as bad,sorry to say.
    Last edited by Gerrit Viljoen; 17-08-11 at 09:29 AM.

Ok thanks Stones

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    Why stop now? Die see kan hom reeds nie afwas nie.... Pathetic how u okes can play high and mighty on a forum. Show me what've you done ito education then maybe I'll change my mind but to curse this ou poer in sy ma se moer is just as bad,sorry to say.
    Gerrit! Get the real story first, then bliksim! I've burn't before in the past by jumping to conclusions. It's all speculation right now but evidence bends more towards the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by OllieOwen View Post
    If your going to leave messages for the guy please at least try and be constructive and mention something about conservation of our yellows. Just being derogatory will not help. I know that we are all pretty pissed off but we can at least try and be adults about it.

And yes, I am still just as angry as when I saw the pics yesterday
    Last edited by schloshd1; 17-08-11 at 09:59 AM.
    Andrew Schlosser

I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left - Seasick Steve

Quote Originally Posted by schloshd1 View Post
    If your going to leave messages for the guy please at least try and be constructive and mention something about conservation of our yellows. Just being derogatory will not help the situation. I know that we are all pretty pissed off but we can at least try and be adults about it.
    Well said, lets not lynch him, i think an educational approach should be the way forward, for all we know he may actually think he has done nothing wrong.
    I think no innocent species of wit or pleasantry should be suppressed; and that a good pun may be admitted among the smaller excellencies of lively conversation.
    James Boswell.

[T]his planet is covered with sordid men who demand that he who spends time fishing shall show returns in fish. ~Leonidas Hubbard, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit Viljoen View Post
    Look G you do make a good point and I cant argue with it.
    But Im taking the moral low ground on this one
    In the pic that started all this those are clearly two very dead Largies.
    And frankly the facebrick and mowed lawn support this comment
    Now in all honesty whats the point in 30+ kg of meat you dont really want to eat. I say dont want to eat as he states the fish were caught in the vaal.
    Now call me what you will but chowing something out of the vaal unless youre in absolute dire need just isnt smart. Seeing as the chap is well off enough to be posting his exploits on the interweb I also doubt that keeping the fish was about subsistence fishing.
    Its a hell of an atcheivement to still find fish of that calibre so you can understand the chap being proud of his catch, but I just cant fathom why kill one?

Perhaps its rich, but I say this as due to much prompting from me a friend of mine recently reassessed his kill what you catch approach. For years he and his father have fished together and always kept their catch because he was taight fishing is killing. (Its like hunting - was his arguement) Well, after a 20min fight with a Kob, he was shouting at his dad to gaff the fish, when the hook pulled. He said for the first time he thought about why I release fish. He felt no less satisfaction having enjoyed the pleasure of catching the cob and seeing it swim off than he felt he would if his father had been able to gaff it.
    Since then he has taken to catching and releasing with his dad and they say they enjoy it no less.

But I concur that there is no sense in flaming the guy unless he has been educated otherwise and doesnt give a damn.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast